• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to set Stats-Build time to 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
How to set buildings to instabuild

The lowest it can go is 1. I want it to be 0 for units that are trained and also for the upgrade, pretty much everything to be instant.

Edit: Changed Title, Setting it to 0 won't work

Last edited:
Level 4
You can set it to 0.01, is that enough for you?
EDIT: okay, i did some testing, and you actually can set it to 0, just hold shift and click on the build time field and there you can set it to 0
However, the bulding will star with a initial very low life, the solution i see for now for this, is making a simple trigger:
  • Full life construction
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to "Your structure"
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set life of (Constructed structure) to 100.00%

In the or section you can store all of the structures you want to be insta-builded

Last edited:
Level 7
If you hold shift and doubleclick on the field you want to edit (or select the field, hold shift and press enter), you can enter values that the editor usually wouldn't accept, such as setting the damage dealt by Breath of Fire to a negative value to get a healing cone ability.

Though, if you set the build time to 0, the game might interpret that is "infinite".

Level 12
If you hold shift and doubleclick on the field you want to edit (or select the field, hold shift and press enter), you can enter values that the editor usually wouldn't accept, such as setting the damage dealt by Breath of Fire to a negative value to get a healing cone ability.

Though, if you set the build time to 0, the game might interpret that is "infinite".

Thanks, I totaly forgot about negative values. :grin:

The problem is, even when set to 0 it takes 1 second to build, the only difference is that the progress bar will stay empty and the constructing animation will stay frozen. Any other way?

Level 4
Check it, because, for what im seeing in the test that looks instantaneous for me

Attachments

• Insta-build.w3x
    16.4 KB · Views: 62
Status
Not open for further replies.