• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make training dummy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello!

I would like to create training dummy for heroes. But I have no idea how to do it. Can you help me?

It should be undestroyable and give very little amount of experience after each hit.

Level 1
Will it be placed on the map initially? If so, it's better to use 'a unit is damaged' instead of 'a unit is attacked'.

Also, you can set the health regeneration really high to make it basically indestructable.

Level 3
Will it be placed on the map initially? If so, it's better to use 'a unit is damaged' instead of 'a unit is attacked'.

Also, you can set the health regeneration really high to make it basically indestructable.

Yes, it's placed near the base.

I see no difference between 'attacked' and 'damaged'. Why is it better?

And yes, I'll set hight regeneration rate. Thanks.

Level 25
Damaged happens when the unit takes damage, Attacked happens when someone is just about to attack them, so if you have an Archer, just when she launches her arrow at the target the "Attacked" event happens while the "Takes Damage" event happens when the arrow hits the target.

Level 3
Damaged happens when the unit takes damage, Attacked happens when someone is just about to attack them, so if you have an Archer, just when she launches her arrow at the target the "Attacked" event happens while the "Takes Damage" event happens when the arrow hits the target.

I see. I will fix it. Thank you both.

Status
Not open for further replies.