• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] How to make those deep cliffs like in Diablo maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Guys, I was just wondering if there's a terrainer to just explain to me how do you make those deep places, those chasms like in the Diablo Maps?

You know, the places like when you're crossing over a bridge and in the map it looks like there's a deep bottom below it that you can't see....like it's way too deep.

Level 4
I haven't seen what you're asking about, but my guess is that the initial cliff level is relatively high, then the chasm is made by simply lowering the elevation level normally.

Level 5
I haven't seen what you're asking about, but my guess is that the initial cliff level is relatively high, then the chasm is made by simply lowering the elevation level normally.

Sometimes when I do that, World Editor doesn't want to let you make "cliffs" that are too steep. If need a drop-off to be steeper, I sometimes use the "plateau" tool with a small radius.

Click at the base of the cliff, hold, and drag into the higher-elevation region. That seems to give WE a kick in the pants when it isn't cooperating.

Level 17
Create a folder in your Warcraft 3 directory called UI.
Put this miscdata.txt in it.
You will be able to raise and lower cliffs as far as you want.

Attachments

• miscdata.txt
    9.6 KB · Views: 112
Status
Not open for further replies.