• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to make quest to kill multi-enemies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello! i have a question.
i want to make quest that the hero need to kill 3 enemies, how to do it?
Please please,help me.(don't think that i don't know about the editor,i know lo of things,but i don't know all about the editor.)

Level 10
oh, thats fairly simple. did you mean to kill 3 any enemies? or 3 specific types?
my trigger works for both.
[trigger=Kill Counting]QUESTKILLCOUNTER
Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to (the type your supposed to kill)
Unit - Killing Unit is a Hero equal to True
Actions
Set QUESTKILLCOUNTER1 = (QUESTKILLCOUNTER1 + 1)(QUESTKILLCOUNTER is a integer variable)
[/trigger]
[trigger=Check Completion]QUESTCOMPLETION
Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
QUESTKILLCOUNTER1 Equal to 3
Actions
Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: Completed "Kill Foo...
Quest - Mark (you quest) as Completed
Quest - Mark (your quest) as Completed
[/trigger]

Level 22
You can combine Solomon's triggers as well. Just put the condition of the second trigger in a ''If/Then/Else, Multiple Functions'' action in the first trigger, like this:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
  • Conditions
    • ---
  • Actions
    • Set IntegerVariable = (IntegerVariable + 1)
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • IntegerVariable Equal to 3
      • Then - Actions
        • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • ---
      • Else - Actions

Level 10
oh, thats fairly simple. did you mean to kill 3 any enemies? or 3 specific types?
my trigger works for both.
[trigger=Kill Counting]QUESTKILLCOUNTER
Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to (the type your supposed to kill)
Unit - Killing Unit is a Hero equal to True
Actions
Set QUESTKILLCOUNTER1 = (QUESTKILLCOUNTER1 + 1)(QUESTKILLCOUNTER is a integer variable)
[/trigger]
[trigger=Check Completion]QUESTCOMPLETION
Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
QUESTKILLCOUNTER1 Equal to 3
Actions
Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: Completed "Kill Foo...
Quest - Mark (you quest) as Completed
Quest - Mark (your quest) as Completed
[/trigger]
Okay, Orc, you asked im the pm how to do the contition for completion and how to set the counter right? well to set the counter, just make a variable named anything you want as long as you will know what it is and that it is an INTEGER-type variable(dont change base value)and the trigger is just in the set place, you choose the action "Set Variable" and then you select this counter variable and for number, choose arithmatic and do "name of variable"+1.

for the condtion, you still just use check variable function, and if it equal to three, volia!this one just needs you to look around a little

Status
Not open for further replies.