• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make custom races

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
As far as I know you just use the odject editor to create custom unit/biuldings/upgrades etc.. an dstring them together in a techtree using the techtree requirements section and having them biuld each other or have researchs avallible...

for start locations you either need to place the units before hand or use triggers.

Level 8
But what triggers do you need for that? The ones to create units at initialization?
You do not need triggers for much of creating a new force. As emeror_d3st said, explain yourself better, or suffer the forcegrip of death

Level 9
how polite...

i would love to flame you like theres no tomorrow but that wouldn't do any good so instead im just gonna explain to you what you are doing wrong:

not everyone knows the starcraft battle 1.0 map. instead of saying "like in the xx map" you could describe what it is that happens in that map, that you would like to understand and use for yourself. CLEVER ISNT IT? THAT WAY PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW THE FUCKING MAP CAN HELP YOU OUT!

Level 3
No offense but you sound like a lost cause, you should get more familiar with the WC editor before you attempt something like that. If you knew even the basics of the editor you might be able to explain what your trying to do in a way people can understand.

Theres no easy "Create new race" button if thats what your looking for.

Level 14
All I know is that the triggers make buttons appear at the beginning of the game and which one you choose affects your starting units.

OH! you want a selection at the beginning of the game of what race you want to use?
Use this tutorial on dialogs, and just customize it to your own needs.

and oxxo, don't instigate fights. So he didn't express himself well, it seems. There's no need to flame him over that. Try helping instead of being a dick.

Last edited:
Level 24
If don't need any more than 4 races, you can replace one of the old races with your custom ones. For example, in the map Twisted Meadows - Naga (which doesn't seem to be on the site), Orcs are replaced with Naga. Peons are modified into mur'gul slaves, and whatever equilvalent of Town Hall is modified to be Temple of Tides. That saves you the trouble of needing to use dialogues.

Level 12
If don't need any more than 4 races, you can replace one of the old races with your custom ones. For example, in the map Twisted Meadows - Naga (which doesn't seem to be on the site), Orcs are replaced with Naga. Peons are modified into mur'gul slaves, and whatever equilvalent of Town Hall is modified to be Temple of Tides. That saves you the trouble of needing to use dialogues.
How do you change the names of the race? In some versions of Sheep Tag, appear "Sheep" or "Wolf" on the race option right from your name.

Level 24
I believe you can edit it Advanced - Interface. It's not interface exactly, but its something like that. If not, check Advanced - Gameplay Constants . I don't remember what the fields are called, but you can change the names of the races in somewhere. Do note that the changes won't actually take effect in the pre-game lobby unless it was the last map you played, and playing a different map in-between will set it to whatever that map had.

Level 17
All I know is that the triggers make buttons appear at the beginning of the game and which one you choose affects your starting units.
Welcome to the internet, feel free to google.

And why didn't you say that in your first post, and stop acting like an ass if we ask questions.

Level 22
apparently, you can. but it wont appear the first time you play it.
Go onto game interface, therell be text-general-huamn/orc/undead/night elf
change them to your needs. however, the next game you play will have those races, not the game they should have. abit complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.