• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to make channeled abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi

So now I've decided to start learning how to make better triggered spells (indexing, missiles etc) I was wondering how exactly I would make a channeled ability?

I have no particular idea in mind of what I'd want one to do but I thought I'd ask before I try making one!

Level 8
its very easy to trigger a channeling spell :)

first you start normal like every trigger you just add a second trigger

its like: a unit stops to channel a spell, in this you stop everything from the frist trigger (like floating missiles, sfx or shit you set to see in channeling) and reset every variable if needed.

you just have to us the basic spell channel. but just telll us what you want and we can help you more

Level 13
Hmm okay. Well I've got an idea for one (it's currently just a passive but I thought I could make it a channeled ability).

The user creates a field of lightning around himself, each second he calls down strikes of lightning onto nearby enemy units. Damage and number of strikes per second would depend on his Agility. (50% Agility = Damage, 10% Agility = Strikes per second).

Level 8
well yeah you set the duration and trigger it :)
you dont even said for how long he should channel :)

but that doesnt matter. if you tell me how long i coudl trigger it for you :/
but then you dont learn shit :D

Status
Not open for further replies.