• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make artillery work on wc3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Gys... hi. The problem is that I dont know how to make the distance of the shot of a unit/structure go really far, like in Total Aniquillation/ Supreme commander. The range on warcraft is really short by object editor. If someone knew a trigger or teach me how to make a trigger for it wold be nice

(for now theres no map, I just testing with random maps to see what I can do and what I can't with WE)

Level 33
To change the maximum attack range of a unit, first you must change their Combat - Acquisition Range first before changing the Combat - Attack 1/2 - Range, all of these fields are in Object Editor > Units Tab

If you don't edit the acquisition range, you will stuck with that values (max) even you change the Combat - Attack 1/2 - Range to a high value.

Now, if you wanna make an artillery, it would surely has a huge attack range, right ?

You could set it its attack range to 3000, or simply you want the artillery to shoot globally in that map, set the acquisition range to a really high value such as 999999.

To bypass the maximum value, simply hold SHIFT + double-click the field and enter your desired values.

You should set the value of both field equally, for example if you have set the acquisition range to 99999, set the Combat Attack 1/2 Range to 99999 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.