• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to find host?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hello!

The thing is that I can't find any tutorial or thread that may be of use for this case. In case there is one, please link me to it!
Anyway, back to the point, I'm working in a "captain selection menu" this gives you the chance to pick the player you want to be the captain of the ship, and I want the host to do pick it, how would I do that trigger?

• Dialog - Show ChooseCaptain for ¿HOST? ¿how?
Thanks in advance.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
There is no way to reliably find who the host of a game is. This is because the host need not have a client to play with (bots).

You can however find the player who loads the fastest. This is usually the player closest to the host as he would have the least latency. This is not garunteed to be the player with a client running on the same system as the host.

Level 15
I see.. I'll make the red to choose the cap' then, I guess.
It would be cool to let the fastest user to pick, but then it would be a little of random, since the host could have a commodore 64 running and it would make it the last to pick hehe, in the other hand the red is usually known as the "host" color.

Thanks for the info Doc!

Status
Not open for further replies.