• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] How to edit dialogue in cutscenes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I am working on an idea for an alternate universe campaign (sort of like the Arthas Campaign by sagi5533). The work I have done so far on the first mission is below.

AUHumanX01 - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com

I didn't do much. I created a custom item (Felo'melorn) and gave it to Kael'thas as well as gave peasants the ability to build shipyards.

Basically, the map works, but the cutscenes are still exactly the same as the regular campaign.

I want to:

(1) Change the mid mission naga cutscene by removing the voice acting and changing the subtitles.
(2) Remove the boats given by the naga after the cinematic.
(3) Change the end of mission cutscene by revmoing the voice acting and changing the subtitles.

Once I figure out how to do that then the map should be the way I want it to be. However, I have no idea how to do these things. I had a look at the triggers for the map and they are hella confusing.

Level 13
Check the (1)"Naga Cinematic Q", (2)"Naga Setup" and (3)"Victory Cinematic Q" Triggers

to alter the voice acting and subtitles look for the
  • Video - Send transmission to (All players) from ......
Actions

to not create the Boats just find the respective Action. There is even a Headline in there which says
  • -------- Create Boats and Naga Unit --------
If you really want to create an entire campaign i suggest you check out some basic triggering tutorials, you will definitely need them at some point

Level 8
Thanks, I will try.

RE triggering tutorials, I will see about that when I get a bit further on. Right now, I am trying to go one step at a time. My goal of editing official maps seems a lot more manageable for the time being.

Level 8
This is so much harder than I thought it would be! I already broke it a few times... lol.

I think I am starting to get it, at least sort of. Again, thanks for the help.

Edit:

I managed to change the dialogue, but I can't figure out how to remove the boats without breaking the triggers/cutscene. I am just trying to remove them at the END of the cutscene rather than not have them spawn at all which is what I have accidentally done so far.

Edit2:

I also can't figure out how to use sound files that are not for this mission. I found some that I could use but when I try to pick them they are not there. They are just other WC3 sound files so I am not sure what to do.

Edit3:

Actually, I figured out the sound file thing. I just had to load it into the mission to be able to choose it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.