• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to disable unit and gold sharing - easy i guess :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Probably something which can be easily done, but I can't seem to find the way on how to disable the gold and unit share option in Allies (F11)?

Am I looking over a little trigger or an option? +rep if you can help me :smile:

Level 3
There has to be a better way to do this. If you have a team of 5 players and you don't want any of them to have shared control options with the others, then you would have to specify each alliance combination.

make player 1 treat player 2 as an ally with shared vision
make player 1 treat player 3 as an ally with shared vision
make player 1 treat player 4 as an ally with shared vision
make player 1 treat player 5 as an ally with shared vision

as well as...

make player 2 treat player 3 as an ally with shared vision
make player 2 treat player 4 as an ally with shared vision
make player 2 treat player 5 as an ally with shared vision

continuing..

make player 3 treat player 4 as an ally with shared vision
make player 3 treat player 5 as an ally with shared vision

and finally..

make player 4 treat player 5 as an ally with shared vision

Seems like a lot of statements for completing this simple task. Isn't there any way to disable sharing units within a force?

Level 18
There has to be a better way to do this. If you have a team of 5 players and you don't want any of them to have shared control options with the others, then you would have to specify each alliance combination.

make player 1 treat player 2 as an ally with shared vision
make player 1 treat player 3 as an ally with shared vision
make player 1 treat player 4 as an ally with shared vision
make player 1 treat player 5 as an ally with shared vision

as well as...

make player 2 treat player 3 as an ally with shared vision
make player 2 treat player 4 as an ally with shared vision
make player 2 treat player 5 as an ally with shared vision

continuing..

make player 3 treat player 4 as an ally with shared vision
make player 3 treat player 5 as an ally with shared vision

and finally..

make player 4 treat player 5 as an ally with shared vision

Seems like a lot of statements for completing this simple task. Isn't there any way to disable sharing units within a force?

Late reaction, but okay. :wink:
This might work:
  • Untitled Trigger 003
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • For each (Integer B) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Player - Make (Player((Integer A))) treat (Player((Integer B))) as an Ally with shared vision
For 10 players, that is.

Level 3
Just Spectating - Your method still allows people to go into allies and enable Shared Unit Control. This does not fix my problem.

Stitch - Your algorithm with ally player 1 to player 1, player 2 to player 2. Maybe add an if statement. If loop integer A not equal to loop integer B.

Level 18
Just Spectating - Your method still allows people to go into allies and enable Shared Unit Control. This does not fix my problem.

Stitch - Your algorithm with ally player 1 to player 1, player 2 to player 2. Maybe add an if statement. If loop integer A not equal to loop integer B.
  • Map Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • For each (Integer B) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Integer A) Not equal to (Integer B)
                • Then - Actions
                  • Player - Make (Player((Integer A))) treat (Player((Integer B))) as an Ally with shared vision
                • Else - Actions
So, like this you mean?

Well, I got the unit sharing problem fixed for myself. I am only looking for a better looking way (instead of the 0 gold shared per click way) to stop gold and lumber sharing now, but that isn't a big issue. Now I just hope this thread could be usefull to others. :)

Last edited:
Level 18
Ye, I have seen maps where gold/lumber sharing was just gray. By the way, how do people disable that player color thing or the creep camp thing on the minimap?

Status
Not open for further replies.