• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to Destroy distructibles with only 1 hit?

Level 11
Greetings!
How can i make a unit with low damage (10) to kill trees on the map with only 1 hit/tree if the trees has 100 hp
I don't want to change the unit damage or the tree hp.

Is is possible? with some triggers?
The help will be appreciated!

Level 12
Make an ability based on "Eat Tree" and if you don't want it to be visible, then hide it in a spell-book.
Then use the following trigger:
  • FellTree
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(attack))
      • (Unit-type of (Ordered unit)) Equal to TreeFeller
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Ordered unit) to Night Elf Ancients - Eat Tree (Target destructible of issued order)
Do what Chaosium said, I didn't realize the tree attack didn't show on the command card.
I thought it was hidden for workers because the attacks were identical other than target types, or something else beyond my guessing..

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Make an ability based on "Eat Tree" and if you don't want it to be visible, then hide it in a spell-book.
Then use the following trigger:
  • FellTree
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(attack))
      • (Unit-type of (Ordered unit)) Equal to TreeFeller
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Ordered unit) to Night Elf Ancients - Eat Tree (Target destructible of issued order)
Hiding abilities in spellbook is an old technique.

You can hide it via triggers or through the object editor by setting it's Art - Button Position - X/Y to 0, -11.

Level 12
Hiding abilities in spellbook is an old technique.

You can hide it via triggers or through the object editor by setting it's Art - Button Position - X/Y to 0, -11.
Thank you, I was fooling around trying to find it in one of my old test maps because I knew I've done it before, but I couldn't remember the X/Y positions.