• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to delete my map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Maps section of Hive Workshop?
You should be able to delete it by updating the map (an option in the update page?). However it does not look like that is the case. Moderators can delete it for you if you ask them I guess. Maps are never permanently deleted however and can be restored upon request.

From your Maps folder?
Go to the installation directory of WC3, open Maps, find the map you want to delete (this will be in Downloads if you got it from multiplayer) and then delete the file. You may need to delete the file in the recycling bin to permanently delete the file. The file may also reside in backups and shadow copies for a while.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The creators used to as I remember having to restore a number of models that a user submitted over years then deleted when he "rage quit" this site just to come back with second thoughts a few months later and wanting them restored.

Maybe this feature was never added to the maps section or the feature was removed due to abuse (people removing their stuff just because they leave this site).

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
You cannot delete it yourself. I know this is weird because you can remove most other things yourself. This was a limitation put in place to enforce mappers to use the update button instead of the delete button.

If you want your map deleted, you can just report it and write in the note that you would like it deleted. That is how we do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.