• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to create an object that transforms the hero's attack from hero type to chaos type?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Very well, lately I thought about creating an object that has the function that the moment it is carried by its bearer, this makes the attack of the hero that carries it change from being a hero-type attack to chaos. (or any other type). If anyone knows how to do it, I would appreciate it if you would tell me. Thank you.

Level 28
I don't think you can change attack type during in-game with triggers. However, you can use the Metamorphosis ability or just simply replace the hero with another one that has the chaos attack type when he picks up that item.

Last edited:
Level 39
Don’t the orb abilities just enable Attack2 on units holding them? If you changed the attack type and stats of Attack2 to whatever you want it should work with anything like orb of flame. Only one of these effects can be active at a time though.

Level 39
It enables Attack2 which has air as an allowed target. There probably can be other differences.

Maybe damage type is set in the OE regardless of attack type so I’m wrong. I have no idea and am nowhere near a world editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.