• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[AI] How to create an effective campaign AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, im fairly new to WC3 editing and such, and im trying to start making campaigns, but i cant find how to create an effective campaign AI that will build a group, then send it to attck you, and repeat, much like in the already existing campaigns. Ive searched the threads and tutorials a bit, and couldnt really find anything, could anybody help me out?

Level 6
there are different ways to do something like that.

1. you can create the attacking wave per trigger and order them to attack some point

2. or you make it more "realistic" and order the buildings of the enemy to build the units first and count every unit and if it reaches an amount you want they are ordered to attack

both ways will need some triggering. i don't know how advanced you are in triggering.

i can surly be done with the KI editor also but i never tried it.

Level 4
there are different ways to do something like that.

1. you can create the attacking wave per trigger and order them to attack some point

2. or you make it more "realistic" and order the buildings of the enemy to build the units first and count every unit and if it reaches an amount you want they are ordered to attack

both ways will need some triggering. i don't know how advanced you are in triggering.

i can surly be done with the KI editor also but i never tried it.

Yea, well i wanted a realistic one, and i know my triggers fairly well, so should b easy, was trying to see if there was any really good specific tutorials for making a AI, like the one just posted =), that didnt need triggers, so yea, thanx a heap =)

Status
Not open for further replies.