• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to add starting delay to units?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Edit: I have solved by myself with upgrade system. I am adding upgrade as requirement and i am making upgrade available anytime i want.

Hello everyone. I want to add units to starting delay before players can train them.

Example: You will see x unit within barracks with specific cooldown. And you cannot train it until it's cooldown expires.

Last edited:
First make training of your unit unavailable for the building you want. Then you add an ability with the same description as your unit to the building and set its cooldown to whatever number you want. Start a timer with the duration of the cooldown that when it expires it removes the ability and makes training of your unit available for that building.

Level 17
First make training of your unit unavailable for the building you want. Then you add an ability with the same description as your unit to the building and set its cooldown to whatever number you want. Start a timer with the duration of the cooldown that when it expires it removes the ability and makes training of your unit available for that building.

Thanks for your help but i was solved it by myself in different way (check the post). Thank you my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.