• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How exactly does 'Random level () creep unit type' works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm making yet another TD, simple to understand WE better and hopefully create one or several innovative maps later on. :)

• For each (Integer A) from 20 to 30, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Set Levels_type[(Integer A)] = (Random level (Integer A) creep unit-type)
This trigger works fine and it set the unit types, the problem i have encountered though, is that it only works with certain monsters.

Example:
Levels_type[20] = Rock Golem
Levels_type[21] = Granite Golem
Levels_type[22] = War Golem

Then i spawn the creatures with:
  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 3, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Create 20 Levels_type[(Round + 20)] for Player 12 (Brown) at (((Picked player) start location) offset by (250.00, 0.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
Which also works fine, now the problem encounter. It won't spawn War Golem.
Rock Golem and Granite Golem spawns without a problem. No matter what integers and level i use. Rock, Granite and certain other units spawns everytime without problems.
The rest won't spawn though, niether will custom copys of the working units.

Anyone got a idea what the problem is here?

Last edited:
Level 2
Because they're no more considered as creeps. If you have copied them (made custom units), then they wont show up in the Unit palette - Neutral-hostile owner - Melee.

Well, what about all the other Unit palette - Neutral-hostile owner - Melee which doesn't work? As War golem?

As i wrote, it was only specific creeps that works..

Level 3
Random Creep only picks random creeps that are part of the tileset your map is using.

If you want it to pick a random unit from all the creeps you have to change what tileset they're in.

Meaning if your maps tileset is Sunken Ruins then it will only choose from creeps whose "Editor - Tilesets" includes Sunken Ruins.

Hope this helps.

Level 2
Random Creep only picks random creeps that are part of the tileset your map is using.

If you want it to pick a random unit from all the creeps you have to change what tileset they're in.

Meaning if your maps tileset is Sunken Ruins then it will only choose from creeps whose "Editor - Tilesets" includes Sunken Ruins.

Hope this helps.

It helped and was spot on what the issue was. Thanks for the help :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.