• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do you make skills have different targeting "behavior"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi, I was wondering how to make skills change their targeting behavior? As an example: I have the skill "Storm Bolt". As default, it can target one individual unit, but I want it to target an area instead, how can this be done? Or maybe I don't want it to target anything at all, but simply trigger the skill immediately when I push the button.

And in addition to this, how do you make a skill channeling/non-channeling?

Level 13
you can make it aoe by changing area of effect... i think that you cannot just click and cast.... but i think you must do it by any click and cast ability defaltly(like battle roar and so on...) and you can make spell chaneling by adding casting time to it

Level 6
Hi, I was wondering how to make skills change their targeting behavior? As an example: I have the skill "Storm Bolt". As default, it can target one individual unit, but I want it to target an area instead, how can this be done? Or maybe I don't want it to target anything at all, but simply trigger the skill immediately when I push the button.

And in addition to this, how do you make a skill channeling/non-channeling?

Use Channel ability, and modify it with triggers

Level 5
Alright, I see. But if I have a channeling skill that I want to make non-channeling? Must I use a dummy then or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.