• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do you make items class specific?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i dont know were to post this so its gunna go here how do u make items so only one or a few chars can use?

Level 8
You'll probably want to make an itemtype group with variables and, when a hero tries to pick up an item, check to see if it's in the itemtype group that corresponds with that hero.

It's a pretty long and elaborate trigger, really, especially if you don't know anything about it to begin with. To get more detailed help, you'll probably want to ask in the Trigger Haven of www.wc3campaigns.com

Level 2
im kinda bad with trigers can u be a little more specific i need sum step by step instructions or a exact place with instructions

Level 4
noggles

and if you mean specific to a certain hero (because if you say class you might also mean if it is charged, permanent, powerup, etc) then i can tell you because the gr8 ppl here just helped me solve that problem.

it goes like this

event
-unit acquires an item
condition
-unit type of (hero manipulating item) not equal to (hero its meant for)
-item type of (item being manipulated) equal to (the specified item)
action
-hero: drop (item being manipulated) from (hero manipulating item)

so this may or may not be what you are looking for, i dunno.

Level 2
and i mean like a unit class like only a certain hero type can pick up the item or a few different heroes can pick it up

Level 2
i also need help with triggers that let you step on a beacon and you choose that hero.and were the unit chosen will spawn i need to know that also.
and a trigger for messages to appear like a box and u have to click yes or no to move on.
thats all for now SOMEONE HELP ME

Level 8
VILOC, why don't you post what you've tried out for triggers to solve those two problems so far, and we'll give you input on things that you need to work on.

Also, while I'm adamantly opposed to starting new threads about the same topic, it's entirely okay to start a new thread about a new topic, and you might get better responses that way.

Level 5
cata said:
noggles

and if you mean specific to a certain hero (because if you say class you might also mean if it is charged, permanent, powerup, etc) then i can tell you because the gr8 ppl here just helped me solve that problem.

it goes like this

event
-unit acquires an item
condition
-unit type of (hero manipulating item) not equal to (hero its meant for)
-item type of (item being manipulated) equal to (the specified item)
action
-hero: drop (item being manipulated) from (hero manipulating item)

so this may or may not be what you are looking for, i dunno.

cata<<<<
this guy man heeheh this trigger is not right.. he meant that like once you picked up the item then its belong to you forever other can not pick up when someone been touched...like in my Map Angel Of Death and FF open ...

Level 5
VILOC said:
i dont know were to post this so its gunna go here how do u make items so only one or a few chars can use?

VILOC bro hold on a sec.. ill give you an axactly trigger and its work 100% remember copy axactly the triggers given below....

Level 5
Here the triggers ,, its will drop item if item does not belong to you.

Event (note: you can add from player 1 to player 12)
Units - A unit own by Player 1 (red) Acquires an item
Conditions (leave this alone and go to action)
Actions
-If (All Conditions Are True) then do (Then Action) else do (Else Action)
-If-Conditions
((Custom value of (Item being manipulated))Equal to 0) or ((Custom value of (Item being manipulated))Equal to (Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))
-Then Actions
Item - set custom value of (Item being manipulated) to (Player number of (Owner of (triggering unit)))
-Els Actions
-Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (triggering unit)
-Game - Display to < you can put any msg here to display to player of droping item>

yes i figured this out myself i have tested 100 times and im sure its work 100% if you add samething like this.

Level 5
VILOC said:
Here the code that you really need for one or few char can use.

-Event
Unit - A unit Acquires and item
-Conditions
-Or - Any (Conditions) are true
- Conditions
(Item type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Sword
-Actions
-If (All conditions are True) then do (Then actions) else do (Else Action)
-If - Conditions
(Unit - type of (Hero manipulated item)) Not equal to BloodMage
-Then Actions
Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Hero manipulated item)
Else Actions
Skip remaining actions
-If (((Hero manipulated item) has (Item being manipulater) Equal to False) and (((Item being manipulated) is a Power up) Equal to False)) then do <put any msg here if you wanna tell player .. you can wear or pick up this item watever you want, this from the Actions, not then actions or els actions,>

i dont know if you understand but let me explain a little for ya..

At the item type <Equal to> ( Sword ) you can add any item that you dont wanna heroes to pick up, this means its will drop from slot if hero acquires,

At the unit type <Not Equal to> ( BloodMage ) you can add any hero that allow to use this item <Sword> not equal to BloodMage its mean <Sword> will not drop when BloodMage acquires but other will,

you can email me at [email protected] for more triggers cause i dont have time to post on here,,,

Download my map and see how i sets only the right type of heroes can use items
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=1039&sid=a014fe4233190c9adf7155ae1f3f22f3

Level 5
VILOC said:
i also need help with triggers that let you step on a beacon and you choose that hero.and were the unit chosen will spawn i need to know that also.
and a trigger for messages to appear like a box and u have to click yes or no to move on.
thats all for now SOMEONE HELP ME

woo this one eazy..well i gotta go email me if you wanna learn more.....sorry

Level 2
ok randy now im having trouble with this thing

in the first part of trigger i cant get it to say anything else but no unit and not a unit or that stuff :cry: making me very sad

Level 5
VILOC said:
ok randy now im having trouble with this thing

in the first part of trigger i cant get it to say anything else but no unit and not a unit or that stuff :cry: making me very sad

change it bro ... Display to player group (owner of(hero manipulated item) the text : whatever you wanna say here)
remember triggers are sensitives if acquires or loss items ... condition and action must be Item being manipulated or hero manipulated item.

Level 2
ohh i found it thx man and now how do you make more than one unit able to use it? do you just add to the thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.