• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

How do I make unit spin while using bladestorm (like Blademaster)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How would I be able to get the blademaster's animation for it anyways? And I am planning on making an Overlord spin. If the Overlord would work o_O

How would I be able to get the blademaster's animation for it anyways? And I am planning on making an Overlord spin. If the Overlord would work o_O

Download the tool and read the instructions.
I have no idea if the overlord is able to spin. It depends on its bone structure I believe.

Edit:
You might need this tool as well. To convert the models to .mdls from .mdx.
When you are done transferring you convert them back to .mdx

Level 3
When I select it to download it pops up the folder for me but when i try to open it, it says that a file is missing or invalid. Why do you think that it may not be working for me?

Level 3
It says that:
Componet 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

Sorry for double posting.

I transferred the animation for you. But as you can see it is not really a good transfer. It spins alright but the model is sorta frozen.

Note!
I have not tried importing this model to the game. So if you do then do it in a clean map first to see if it crashes it. I'm fairly sure it doesn't, but Justin Kaze.

Attachments

• Felgaurd2.mdx
    92.8 KB · Views: 89
Level 3
It asks me what program that I should use to open it and i don't know what programs would work for me to open it for it to work properly o_O

And the double posting did not really bother me. So your fine :D

Level 3
Here is what it says (i don't think myself that there is problems with the .zip though):

To open this file, Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. Windows and go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select from a list of programs that are installed on your computer.

Here is what it says (i don't think myself that there is problems with the .zip though):

To open this file, Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. Windows and go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select from a list of programs that are installed on your computer.

Right right.
Have you downloaded the file I attached in post 11?

Level 3
I can select any of these when i choose to manually pick a program to open it:
-Internet Explorer
-Media Center
-Paint
-Windows Media Player
-Word Pad
-IrFanView
-Notepad
-Windows Calender
-Windows photo gallery

And yes if it seems that some are totally off well i just put down what is says o_O

And I also hope that you know all of this as well (though i don't think that any of them would work).

Level 3
I can download it, it is just that i don't know of any kinds of programs that would work for it to open properly for me.

Level 3
I got the file and.....
I think that you are a little right xD

He spins but the part is now...
How you you get the blade part to work? Such as i want him spinning but the blades that it normally shows when the blademaster does bladestorm is not there o_O

Am i able to do this in world editor, or no?

I got the file and.....
I think that you are a little right xD

He spins but the part is now...
How you you get the blade part to work? Such as i want him spinning but the blades that it normally shows when the blademaster does bladestorm is not there o_O

Am i able to do this in world editor, or no?

You will need to do some modelling. Adding the right bones to the felguard/overlord model. That however, I don't know how to do.

Level 1
Overlapping and base texture

How do i overlap buildings and doodads, also how do i remove a ground texture on a building. I figured out how to remove the texture in itself but i cant remove the area the texture itself took up. For example the human castle takes up a certain area, i have removed the ground texture and reduced the size but my units still cant pass the original area the castle took up. Help would be appreciated thnx :)

How do i overlap buildings and doodads, also how do i remove a ground texture on a building. I figured out how to remove the texture in itself but i cant remove the area the texture itself took up. For example the human castle takes up a certain area, i have removed the ground texture and reduced the size but my units still cant pass the original area the castle took up. Help would be appreciated thnx :)

Please don't hijack threads. Create a new thread with your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.