• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How do i make textures for models???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
First off what modelling program are you using?? To make a skin from scratch for a model which is what i assume you meen , your gonna have to unwrap the model manually and apply uvw mapping to it. There are other programs for certain modelling programs that can do all of this for you but it depends on what your using. ps. this part of modelling can be very difficult to perfect.

Level 13
There are two programs that I know of (thanks to alreadyused) that can skin. One is a free plugin called ChilliSkinner that can skin only low poly models and non-complex shapes, and another is called Ultimate Unwrap 3D, stand-alone program that you can get an MDX plugin for,and can basically skin anything, but it costs. You can find both with a simple google search.

Level 13
No, I looked at texture maker and it's no good for Unwrapping. It's more like a paint program that creates the textures, but you have to unwrap them. ChilliSkinner should work, unless your model is either high poly or has complex shapes. I would say try to ask someone to texture it for you if ChilliSkinner doesn't work and you don't want to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.