• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how do i get a unit to move to a point in front of another..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
So if you watch DBZ, so what ur saying is making an energy blast as a unit?

It's simple. Trigger it so that is created and not summoned. Make it face the same as the caster. Simply loop it to increase move speed, make it move to facing angle of "Last created unit" offset by like 300, put a .30 second wait, and after the whole loop, kill the missle.

If you mean TH15's missles, that's something different, but something I know

Level 10
here is how it should work:

the ability, OR item, i havent decided witch
is cast

create a missle at the point of where the unit that casted the ability

the missle automaticly moves striaghit ahead by itself

if there is an enemy that comes in contact with the missle, that unit is damaged

what i already have done....the missle is just the gyrocopter bomb model, and i have its speed very high.

all of the abilities are done also, i did it where the misssle has the goblin sappers ability, kaboom, but a little tweaked out.

all that i need to know is how to make the missle move straight ahead of the unit that fired the missle

Level 10
uh u mean like.... unit enters region, order entering unit to attack-move to target region?

Level 5
Well i don't really get what u want, but if u want a unit to move constantly forwards then do the following:
Unit: make the unit LOCUST (so stupid players won't be able to control it)
Trigger:
Events: every 0.1sec of game time
Cond: -
Action: pick every unit of type: (projectile dummy), and do: order picked unit to move (point with polar offset: position of picked unit 125 towards facing of picked unit)
This should make that bullet or anything to just move fwd.
Make it flying or otherwise it will bounce off the terrain elevations.

Level 10
qwerty said:
uh u mean like.... unit enters region, order entering unit to attack-move to target region?

dude, read what i just said, an ability is cast, create one missle at the point of the unit casting the ability and order the unit to move stright ahead of the unit that casted the ability, and when another unit comes in range of the missle damage the unit!!!!

please read the post i posted above

Level 16
As far as that goes, I am making a TC game already because TH15 is going to dump it soon. As for the missle, you could give a unit with locust an attack with X cooldown, and when it attacks a unit with 1 dmg, you create the missle at that unit, order it to kaboom the attacked unit, and loop an increase in move speed.

@Kerrigan. I don't have Mirari, I took this off the site because it looks cool. I play MTG though anyway, but haven't been playing like since the first release

Level 10
Eusira said:
As far as that goes, I am making a TC game already because TH15 is going to dump it soon. As for the missle, you could give a unit with locust an attack with X cooldown, and when it attacks a unit with 1 dmg, you create the missle at that unit, order it to kaboom the attacked unit, and loop an increase in move speed.

@Kerrigan. I don't have Mirari, I took this off the site because it looks cool. I play MTG though anyway, but haven't been playing like since the first release

:shock: huh?

plz just tell me the triggers that get the missle to move forward in front of the unit the shot it PLEASE 8) !!!!

Level 7
skaterjcp said:
Eusira said:

:shock: huh?

plz just tell me the triggers that get the missle to move forward in front of the unit the shot it PLEASE 8) !!!!

well this might be a little more advanced then what ur looking for, but heres an entire weapon/ballistics system, http://www.angelfire.com/wa3/m_raptor/CO_MiVigilv001.w3x

well, its my partially made map using my weapon/ammo system, which i kinda just stopped once school started

Level 5
Khmmmmm. Go to the previous page and c my comment. I think it states quite clearly how to make units move fwd. As for the damage you can use two things: Permanent Immolation or Tornado Dmg Aura. Make the projectile dummy to have a modified version of these abilities (remove all effects) and you're done with the dmg.

Status
Not open for further replies.