• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how do i attach wepons to a guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Go to triggers, and make a SFX action on (unit) at (attachment point) with model (model). Try it out and see if you get it. Heres model attachment points

left (left hand/foot, u get the point)
right (right hand/foot, u get the point)
mount (for mounted units, i.e, foot mount)
rear (for quadrupeds)
first (for buildings)
second (for buildings)
third (for buildings)
fourth (for buildings)
fifth (for buildings)
sixth (for buildings)
rallypoint (for buildings)
overhead (floats over the unit's head, but doesn't sway with the
head as it animates)
head (sways with the unit's animation)
chest (use this for wings, Illidan's, Mannoroth's,....)
origin (usually at the base of a unit's feet, use this for auras)
hand (self-explanatory)
foot (self-explanatory)
weapon (for HEROES)
sprite (for buildings)
medium (for buildings)
large (for buildings)

Cred to Shados for the list.

Level 6
just have someone delete the weapon on the model you want the new weapon. then have them geomerge the new weapon in place of the old one. i might be able to do it for you but ill need to know what model you want the weapon on. also youll have to post the new weapon so i can geomerge it.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

First, don't double post, there is an edit button.

Second, you most likely have to attach the weapon to the proper geoset, otherwise it won't follow the movements of the arm.

Level 6
chriz is right, when you geomerge you have to attach the new geoset to which ever hand you want the weapon to go. so look in the node manager and find the bone for what hand you want. after that you have to move the weapon to the correct position, that way it look like it belongs there.

Level 6
if the model has an attachment point then it should be fine. if not then you will have to add one. as for the bow comment, you would have to transfer an archers attack animation to the new unit in order for it to work. for that you will have to add the correct bones in the right spot to get it to work. im no good when it comes to bones. just download the geoset merger from the tool section if you havent already. then look in node manager and fine the bone you want the weapon attached too. its not that hard to do if the bones and attachments are there already.

Level 17
[off-topic]

Cred to Shados for the list.

Attachment Point Names:
overhead (floats over the unit's head, but doesn't sway with)
head (sways with the unit's animation)
chest (also good for wings)
origin (usually at the base of a unit's feet)
hand
foot
weapon (for heroes)
sprite (for buildings)
medium (for buildings)
large (for buildings)

Attachment Point Modifiers:
left
right
mount (for mounted units)
rear (for quadrupeds)
first (for buildings)
second (for buildings)
third (for buildings)
fourth (for buildings)
fifth (for buildings)
sixth (for buildings)
rallypoint (for buildings)

You sure? Sorry Shados!

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

That was a pointless and off-topic post. And it's not like one of them invented the names, they just wrote them down.

Level 6
dudes iv tryed everything yall have said but none of them work
im trying to make a footman have an axe how do i do that? ive tried the left hand attachment and the wepon attachment that the warcraft3 world editot node managment says it has but none of them work.

Level 5
:witch_doc_Sad: gsgsgs just go to object manager and go to abilities then create a abillity and it need to be a capture the flag abillity then you just go to art - target and change it to for example footman armor then you attach it to chest go to art - attachment point and change it to chest tadada now when you finish with it go to items and create a item and just choose like claws of attack +10 and then you add the abillitie you created in it and you need the unit as a hero or with hero inventory ::Grin::

Level 3
man the hole idee for making an attachment that you have to go to abilities units /humans an d to sphere make a new sphere and then you put the model at Art-Target and you delete the one at the Art-Missile Art after that you put cooldown to 0 and put to target attachment the number of how much do you want the attachment to be on the hero .i sugest only 1,but if you want more np.oo and use left hand or right ... bla bla .this is how you make it work.i think you know how to put the attachment abilities normal

Status
Not open for further replies.