• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do combine look?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
The combine soldiers you encounter in game, are humans, brainwashed, filled up with cybernetic implants and shit like that. They are transformed to slaves of the real combine.

The combine leaders, are called "advisors" and look like this:

advisor.jpg

They move with telekinesis (they fly) and they communicate with telephaty. The combine empire however consists of many enslaved planets, and nobody is sure that thease "advisors" are the real combine leaders.

Level 27
Ah now i see, i visited the site you had that image from.

Those Stalkers >.>

I hope you get to see once what a combine soldier looks like.

Do episode 1 and 2 require a much better computer than for HL2? Because well .. my computer can handle HL2, but not all parts.. sometimes it lags.

Level 35
well, yes, it requires a better machine. Actually you can see an armorless human-combine soldier in HL2 too, on a monitor in Nova Prospekt.

EDIT: I'm not sure you'll ever see a real combine combine soldier, the HL2 series will end with EP3, and I think you'll only have to fight advisors. But they say HL3 will also be made. You know, business never ends.

Level 9
combie soldiers should look somewhat like the stalkers...and they are hybrids that were created by during-life bio-engineering (that is impossible in RL BTW. at least on anything as complex as a human.)

Level 4
Here are some 'other' specimens of combine mutilation. For our dismay, VALVe had cut them out of the final version:

Alien_Assassin.jpg
Alien_Combine_Soldier.jpg
Combine_Assassin.jpg
Combine_Synth_Elite_Soldier.jpg

P.S. All found in "Half-Life 2: Raising the Bar".
P.S.S. Some of already made models may be found in leaked "Half-Life 2" beta file package, and in a mod called "Missing Information" (if you want a link for it - just ask).

Level 35
Damn, what is raising the bar exactly? Where can I get it? I really need it.

Dude, thease mutations looks very brutal. Pretty bad they were cut out of the game. They could have shown the brutality of the combine more precisely and also, add a little horror-style themet to the game. The 3rd one reminds me of the "hassassin" (human assassin) model from HL1 (only a bit ...mutated)

Level 27
Raising the bar is a book? At least i what i can see from googling it.

That first one, alien assassin looks very nice. Although im quite disappointed with the unarmored combine soldier. But as i read the combine adjust they're forces on every planet to get the maximum out of they're fighting skills (or something), so i presume they could just simply mutate the humans into stronger and more agile warriors with more stamina. They indeed look a bit like stalkers, although they have muscles.. still its not how i imagined them to look like..

Level 4
Here's the link as requested: http://alexroyce.com/otherstuff/MI_14_Install.msi (direct download).
The installer weights about 250 MegaBytes, and installed - 685 MegaBytes.
Just install to your SourceMod directory, and restart Steam. Do know that mod was ultimately canceled and there's little of fate that it'll be once again updated. Expect a crapload of errors/bugs.

Oh, and there's also that leaked "Half-Life 2" beta version, which houses more content. The installer is over 1,1 GigaByte. As far as I know this content is illegal so I won't post the link here.

P.S. And yes - "Raising the Bar" is a book. It was released after Half-Life 2's worldwide debut. It's something that sorta wide opens the door to the initial world view in this particular game. It explains how VALVe was changing the atmosphere throughout the production period. Amazon should offer some copies (if my memory serves me right).

Level 35
combine adjust they're forces on every planet to get the maximum out of they're fighting skills

They do. They boost them up with stamina, and intelligence, and increase their muscles and shit like that.

That armorless combine dude is just the final stage of transformation tough. They put on the armor (that the combine never take off) and vois lá, the ultimate, cyborg fighting machine is ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.