• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can you change health-bar size?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I don't think so, because it's a Wc3 thingy.. so they programmed it to fix it to the selection size circle, so bigger units will get bigger HP-bars so it's better viewable.. But what's the problem with reducing the Selection Circle to reduce the Hp-bar? you can normally select the unit like before, if you move with the mouse over the unitmodel you can select it, the only thing is, that when you click on it, the shown circle is small.. that's all

Level 3
I don't think so, because it's a Wc3 thingy.. so they programmed it to fix it to the selection size circle, so bigger units will get bigger HP-bars so it's better viewable.. But what's the problem with reducing the Selection Circle to reduce the Hp-bar? you can normally select the unit like before, if you move with the mouse over the unitmodel you can select it, the only thing is, that when you click on it, the shown circle is small.. that's all
Well my current situation:

I have a selection size of 2.5 default for buildings. This makes the health bars about 1.5 times bigger than the model. When multiple towers are in a row or in a tight group the Hp bars overlap and its terrible to look at with Hp bars on.

I think I'll try 1.0 or 1.5 and see how that works after awhile.

If there is no other solution.

Regards,
kyle150

Level 18
i think there's no other solution.. blzzard needs to add this in a new patch, so that you can adjust this.. or you use some kinda custom HP-Bar, so make it invulnerable so no Hp will be shown, as i know it's possible to attack invulnerable things, but doesn't kill them or something like that, however, you can still save the damage done, and link it to your custom Hp-bar, if the life gets 0 you make it mortal and kill it or somethinglike that..

But i would suggest to simply reduce the selection size, because it doesn't effect the selection of units in any case, it's just the display of the selection circle, if it's smaller you wont see it for the building, but you could add some special effects on it, when something is selected if you want to see some effects.. but yea.. reduce selection size, that's the best and only way as i know

Status
Not open for further replies.