• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can i get the 3dsmax v4.0 \ 5.0 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Sopho, do u have a link for a trial of 3dmax 4/5? I don't find the trial in the internet

Level 13
Unfortunately, 3ds max is only available in the newest version - 6.0. If you want it you can got to discreet.com, go to products and click 3ds max. The only problem with this is that Warcraft 3 Art Tools only work with earlier versions.

Level 7
i know, that's why i asking :wink:
unfortunately, 3d max 4/5 is to expensive for me and so i would like to try out the trial version

Level 2
Sopho said:
Razor save $$$ with 3D Canvas. Its just good as 3d Studio max and really cheap. I'm saving up for it too, its much easier to use and works with wc3.

if you think it supports warcraft because it can import and export mdls, it doesn't work :-/ the mdl refers to flight simulator model files, not warcraft.

but if there is an add-on where could i find it?

Level 13
@Dread The Undead: I wouldn't doubt it. 3ds max is a probably the most widely used professional modelling tool. That's why it costs so much. Discreet knows that huge movie-making companies like Sony don't care about the price of the program. A lot of movies that rely on special effects have used 3ds max.

Status
Not open for further replies.