• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hosting Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hmmm.... I think you are in the wrong forum friend, I also need help w/this but it's a bit more complicated i think in my case I'll edit this when I figure out where to post on this topic.

Level 2
Okay....disreguard my last post..I coulnd't find where to post either LoL. Anyhow... for anyone who may read this I am having a similar problem. When I got WC3 I couldn't host like this guy... I fixed it by configuring my router... it was great I could host on both of my computers and all was great yada yada....however I had major issues with my main computer and had to format it :( Since then I cannot host any longer....my other computer which is hooked up to the same router can host fine * boggle *
I checked to see if maybe my routers settings got changed but everything was fine there....any help??

Thx, Curr

Level 8
Frequently the router has specific settings for a port forward regarding which computer it is forwarded to. I'm not sure how Warcraft 3 handles ports, and what range of ports would work, but I believe the standard first port is 6112. If you set that to be forwarded to your first computer's internal ip address, and then try, say, 6113 forwarded to the second computer's internal ip address, it might work for both of them.

At any rate, this isn't related to mapmaking or the map resources at all. Since there isn't a forum specifically dealing with non-mapping warcraft 3 issues, I'm moving you to Off-topic.

Level 5
SirCurrupted said:
hmmm.... I think you are in the wrong forum friend, I also need help w/this but it's a bit more complicated i think in my case I'll edit this when I figure out where to post on this topic.

1 just open up your ports,,go to internet properties and uncheck the Securities,,,
2 call your internet provider and ask for your REAL IP address,,,
3 Look in the ROUTER instruction book,,there an address that login in the open ports page,,,i'm using cable internet and Dlink Router...not sure with other service though but i think its all the same,,once you loged in the page ,,they will show everything how to open up ports ,,enter your real ip address and ports of blizzard bnet 6112 ,,,i can't remember steps by steps though but the page will tell you how to set up,,after you done that part ,,go to schedules page ,,and checked mark at 24/24 so you could host your game anytimes ,,,but this might cause your PC harm by hackers/viruses,,,i showed this to a guy step by step and its worked for him,,he uses Bell.ca internet, sorry can't show you exactly steps ,,but this might help a bit,,cause i dont have time !

IF YOU USE 56k DIAL UP, I'm not sure and don't know how,, im stoped usin 56k for 8 years already,,,since the Roger cable got internet,,,or else you may ask your internet tech support for helps. they only tech for internet services program,,,they know everything better than anyone !

Level 2
Cool thx for all you help guys, as of this point, i have tried to open ports on my router, and assigned one for each computer example : computer 1 is set for always on port 6112, and example 2: computer 2 is set for always on port 6113 now... my problem is that this "worked" at one point in time. After I formated "computer 1" it no longer works for both computers....just "computer 2" I allowed access through my firewall etc. and double checked nothing got changed in the router setttings and made sure in WC3 options that it didn't switch to some kind of default port... everything appears to be exactly the same as when i had it running before and fyi I am on cable and am completely stumped atm. I suppose I will check blizzard thing like suggested.... if anyone can help please post :) and ty everyone for your efforts thus far :D

Status
Not open for further replies.