• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Host Detection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello hivers specially gui lords here :) need some help about host. I need trigger that the only host can select game modes ex: player blue, teal etc.. is the host or game creator, the other players can't select game modes :eekani:

Level 25
If the host has static player slot (e.g. Host is always Player 1 (Red) and whoever takes that slot will be considered Host), then when anyone writes the command for game mode, you check if that player == the host player (it's under "Player comparison" conditions).

If host is supposed to be dynamical (e.g. I create the game and let players join it, so no matter which player slot I choose, I will be considered the host), then try what is in this tutorial: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/how-make-game-check-who-host-25687/
And then, when anyone writes the command for game mode, you make Player comparison check to check if that player == Host (note, as Host here I mean the variable used in the tutorial above)

Status
Not open for further replies.