• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i was playing dota 1nce and i saw sum guy called Pudge throw a hook and grab su1m with it. It looked really cool and i wanted to do it in a cinematic, just windering if any1 cood help me

BTW im new to this site, OMG ITS WHICKED

Level 6
I am pretty sure I know how they did it, And I am also pretty sure they did it with Jass. They made loops to create a graphic every 5 distance or so at an angle that leads towards the target. once it reaches its destination, they used a boolean to check if there were any units within a certain range of the hook. Then they would have to make loop triggers to delete those graphics and move the unit back towards the hero. All in all, it is a very long and complicated trigger, and I wouldn't try doing it unless you are experienced with trigger editing.

Level 2
but its trigger related.... anyways i tried to unprotect the map, yeah yaeh im noob so wat, i saw the jass script, and there was a boolean seeing how far ppl are away from it, the problem is for me, ic ant find a boolean with distance from unit....

EDIT:The missile is warden projectile art, i dont know how but i checked and it is. i thought of making a boolean vairyble sdaying that if a unit comes within 10 of meat hook<--The unit that gets created-->and loop actions and check whether that is true. exept i cant use vairybles for the event unit coming within a certain range of something, it only lets me select a unit on the map....sigh

Level 6
What you need is an integer comparrison.

number of units within range of hook location = greater than 0 return true.

If boolean is false, create a warden knife 5 distance (or some small increment) away from last hook location in an angle facing the target, and then run the same boolean check. continue the loop and exit until either the boolean returns true, or after there is about 30-50 (however long you want the hook to go)loops.

IF the boolean returns true, you need to make another loop, deleting the knife graphics one at a time, and also moving the target back.

If the boolean returns false, you need to make another loops that ismply deletes the hook graphics one by one.

I havn't seen the trigger itself, but I assume they did something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.