• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hogwarts Modeler,Triggers Request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Are you a fan of the wonderful world of Harry Potter,the boy that lived?
Well if you are good at Modeling or Triggering You may be able to assist the creation of this new map.
"Hogwarts The School of Witchcraft and Wizardry"

Professional Terrain makers will also be accepted.
Please contact me if you're interested.

Project Description:

The map is going to be based on the Hogwarts grounds. You will be
a young witch or wizard, and you will be placed Randomly
or by picking.
into The four Hogwarts school houses.
You will be able to duel the other houses, learn new spells in classes.
or have adventures in the Dark Forest or what not.
A story line will be created with quests and tasks.
There will be unique items such as "Flubberworm Mucus" that is
used for various potions. And all items can be bought with
Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans.
At the end of the game the house with the most points will win.

Objective:Win The house cup.

Condition:Character must survive.

Level 8
I realy love harry potter maps so im in full support of this idea of yours BUT... There are a few factor that you should first consider

1) No matter how good you are warcraft terrain will almost never give a satisfactory effect for hogwarts school.

2) I am sure you intend all spells to be custom? of course you do. Well in this case you will find that the game will have tremendous lag however theretically it is possible to achieve this.

3) There are quite a few available spells in harry potter.. yes? (Stuperfy, Expelliamus, Wingardium Leviosa, Inmendapidia, incendio etc... how will players have more than 5 spells (and i didnt mension unforgivable curses).

4) There must be a good storyline througout the year, and i tell you this will take a heck of a lot of work.

I hope you have considered all this. As i really want to see a decent harry potter map. And all i can say looks decent is Jack Sparrows which i must say sounds wikid.

So good luck :)

Level 8
one other thing.. Spellbooks are baad take my word for it. Yet still they suit their purpose. HOWEVER... I have a system that i will be releasing shortly, allowing many spells to be accessed in an easy and quick method. So i reccomend u take a look at that when i release it.

Again all the best I hope you do well.

Level 8
spell books can contain up to 11 spells but you know that?
So how when you will need more than 11 spells will you store them?
Well obviously many people think you should use more than one spell book.
Yes this is a good Idea, However...

Users will find it particularly hard to navigate between multiple spell books in a fast paced combat or challenge. This is why you need to be able to use a seporae method for your spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.