• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

high elf hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
could any one make a high elf meele hero?
some one or thing that could even be a half human half elf hero.

he should have a sword .... and shield?

im trying to make a little side story/mission about some alliance rejects.
there not human, but there not elf.

i got some skill ideas for him already in the working.

oh and yes i have looked in the downloads, nothing there i wanted.

Level 3
there wasnt much there, but i also thought that the site was gone, for the past week i tryed to get in but *could not find server ect*

but ya there wasnt much there, nothing i really liked.

most of it was dinos, robots and starwars crap.

Level 45
Level 3
lol i did not mean it that way.

i meant crap as in so much of it that there was a crap load of it.

yes it all looked very well done and all, but not what i need.

im kind of looking for a mix of paladin aurth and bloom magi kail heroes.

some thing that could be a human or elf, has trades of both so that would make him a powrful warior and spell caster.

ya like i said there was all kinds of starwars dino and robot crap in there, i think i only saw ...5? things that could have been in the wc3 universe.

(if i can only find my hero, all i will have to do is try and learn triggers for my missions)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Honestly, quit calling people's hard work and dedication "crap." It's quite distasteful.

And the links she gave are perfect examples of what you are looking for, I don't know what you could possibly want other than them.

Level 3
i was only saying that there was alot of stuff in that area.

no the items that werewolf showed are not what i was looking for, but the high elf alter was sweet

im kind of looking for a blend of kail and paladin aurth with a sword ... maybe a shield to.

the guys werewolf showed looked more like a normal unit, not hero material .... to me

Last edited:
Level 3
the hell?
ok so because i said that there was all kinds of starwars, dino and robot crap, meaning that there was all kinds of varients of each one.
starwars ships, troops and more. pluss a crap load of robots that looked like they could be used for combat or construction, same with the dinos.

some one is dereping me? lol

if i was going to trash the ... units them self, i would have said that all that i saw was a bunch of crappy things of starwars, dinos and robots.

now that i am NOT saying, it all looked very well done but nothing that i could use for what i want to do. sheesh

one thing gets taken out of contex and you got people trying to bite your head off.

learn to model and stfu! you will see that it ISN'T EASY AT ALL! all those "crap" models are made by great modelers! maybe they dont fit in every map! Fine! say that way! DONT CALL IT CRAP! Anyway, what you requested, you can try this:
www.oinkerwinkle.com , there is "crapload" of programs for manual .mdl editing, so learn top make geomerge and do what you want or be more specfic!

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

You have negative reputation because of double posting, not because of your comment. And Happy, calm down a bit please.

Level 3
thank your for explaining that chriz, at least now i know why.

now i dont remember EVER saying that it was easy to make a modle, nor did i say THEY were crap, i said that there was all kinds of (meaning a large varity) (sp) starwars, dino and robot crap, not meaning that it looked or was crap in general.

infact i liked alot of it but not what i need or want.

*one thing out of context ... sheesh*

Level 6
I understand how people get offended when u put crap after there work beacouse thoes models there were awsome just next time try just saying it wasnt what i was looking for and why not geoseting a arthas face to be a high elf one....... like this but maby a bit better i only did this to see if u would want something like this or not... of corse you would need to change textures but thats easy as a recoloring

Attachments

• ss0000.JPG
    ss0000.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 646
Level 3
nice work Evil BuddhA, ya some thing like that .... kind of.

i would think some thing like the armor of a pal and the cape of a blood mage, kind of make him .... i dont know look like a battle mage of some kind or some thing.

i can only make maps so i stick to what i know i can do, still have to learn triggers and some of the finer points of editing units and skills but meh.

Level 6
cape of a blood mage im not a wiz with animations but i wan reskinn him if u want.... well heres my atempt at him lol tell me if u want to use him of what ever i spent 5 mins on it so u can call crap or what not i havent changed frostmorne yet thoe...

lol it took me longer to make the screen shot than the texture....

Attachments

• aaa.JPG
    aaa.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 507
Last edited:
Level 3
im liking it im liking it :)

ya it looks like its workable, if you CAN do you think you could make the sword more ... good guy esk?

oh so long as it looked like he could be one or the other, blood mage or paladin because of mixed armor and other looks, i would be happy because it its looking good so far.

seeing this guy now, i dont think it would be a good look if his cape was as big as the blood mage but had the same look and was bigger than the one he has.

but hay your the one working on him and you know what you can or can not do so ... ya do what you can because its looking good.

Level 3
lol .... well yes and no, you see in the mission im woking on, my idea is that there not elf or humans, their half breeds so they are not really welcomed by what remains of jainas forces or even the blood elfs, so there kind of a bastard child of the alliance.

so im going to try and use combo spells and skills for my hero (your hero) of human and night elf and so on.

Level 3
.... i think the boots should be like a normal paladin, but the chest plate and the rest of it is fine, i like it.

think of it this way, if a blood mage and paladin had been stuck in a blender, then put back to gether again as one, what would he look like .... besides a mess of goo.

Level 3
SWEET ..... now for some thing funny .... its been so long for me trying to add things to the game as in new units ect so .... lol how do i add it in the game?

Level 6
lol i thought u might have some trouble...
ok open up the map u have then open up the import manager...
once you do that select import file (ctrl+I) then select the file u want and press open...
then do that 3 times importing the files you want once you do all 3 double click on them in the manager and tick use custom path... once you do that remove the war3mapimported\ thingo from all 3 and there imported...

how to change the model of a unit just open up the object editor and go to the unit pannel and select any unit u want once done that doubble click on the line that says Art - Model File and go down to the 3rd window and select HighElf.mdl or High Elf.mdx then save your map and exit and open it up again and place the unit your done!

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Since this is complete, shall I close it?

Level 3
just wanting to make sure, but if i save target as will it work?
i keep getting a message saying unknown file or some thing.

Level 3
ya close it unless some one else ... needs some thing from it? .... no? close then

Status
Not open for further replies.