Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

High and Blood Elf Swordsmen

Submitted by Direfury
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
High Elven and Blood Elven Swordsman models. Edits of my Sargeant model.

Feel free to use/and or edit these models, so long as you credit me.

EDIT:
Fixed Portraits
EDIT2:
Fixed animations

Keywords:
Human, Alliance, Elf, Swordsman, Footman, Knight, Captain, Sargeant, Lieutenant, General, Unit
Contents

High and Blood Elf Swordsmen (Model)

High and Blood Elf Swordsmen (Model)

Reviews
01:44, 7th Feb 2016 HappyCockroach: To all the footman-like ones: These are all very high-quality models, fit well wc3 context and are fully functional, with all the features necessary. And all of them are very useful. Some issues, though: - All...
  1. 01:44, 7th Feb 2016
    HappyCockroach:
    To all the footman-like ones: These are all very high-quality models, fit well wc3 context and are fully functional, with all the features necessary. And all of them are very useful. Some issues, though:
    - All of them are unselectable at Stand Defend and Spell Defend. That's because the Minimum Extents are all 0 for both anims. You should recalculate the extents or copy the minimum extents from another sequence, as Stand or Spell to these two.
    - All walk animations in a model should be of the same speed to perform well (except those named 'walk fast'). The walk defend ends up a bit sloppy in-game, since it is apparently slower than regular walk. To improve it you can speed up Walk Defend, then the engine slows it down correctly. (not a must-do. even wc3's Footman has this fault, and is sloppy at his Walk Defend)

20:02, 3rd Mar 2016
    HappyCockroach:
    Models should be selectable in all their animations. That puts this model in 'need fix' state. Tell me if you're really not willing to fix it. It's simple, and I can even do it for you in Magos, but not without your permission.

01:41, 11th Apr 2016
    HappyCockroach: Both of them are still unselectable at the "Stand Defend" animation.

23:37, 12th Apr 2016
    HappyCockroach: Both are working well now. I'm particularly fond of those two, since they're nicely executed and there are no models in this same style to serve the purpose in the MPQ. Good job.

2. Lone Adventurer

Lone Adventurer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Gj dude they will replace my footman :d 5/5

3. SNIper of DARKness

SNIper of DARKness

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes quite.. Though I believe there should be some differences, minor or some as It is quite foolish to believe that the only thing they changed after they lost their Home was their paint job.
    Though quite peculiar to see High Elves wearing full helms. I would have thought it would be quite the opposite, though it's nothing wrong it just doesn't fit with the Elves "characteristics", I can't say I ever met an elf but they would certainly try to reveal their face and seduce the opponent.
    Good job.

P.S. "Feel free to use.. this models" Yes, I believe it is quite "obvious" that you allow people to use them, what's not that obvious is that there are 2 models in one "package" and that is why the Filesize is high. Just a note.

4. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I don't know why but after the "deathguard Falric" model you have problems with portraits. It doesn't work with the last few models you uploaded.
    Anyone else has same problem or noone test models in game?

5. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I've done nothing different, they should work as intended.

6. istvan921

istvan921

Resources:
    Resources:
    The portraits don't work neither the swordsmans models and neither the bandits

7. BiroN

BiroN

Resources:
    Resources:
    Brutally nice.
    In contrast to istvan921, the portraits are working, even with the glowy eyes and all ^_^ :D

Edit: On a second thought, I think this model could use more sophistication. More elevations and depressions and such... It feels too plain. The boots need more details for sure.
    Edit2: I also found a problem with all these 'footman' models. They're all unselectable in defense stance. When they're in defend stance, they can't be selected by clicking, but click and drag usually gets them. You should test it yourself.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  8. MouMou

MouMou

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like what you did with their glowing eyes

9. Nihilism_Is_Death

Nihilism_Is_Death

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    looks great!