• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hi can some one help me with this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey guys, i need some one to guid me on the basics of making an aura using triggers, for instance, i would like to make an aura of stun, basically a unit enters the aura (enemy) and becomes stunned, periodically like every 10 seconds or something (this is NOT a request) plz if anyone can help, guid me through th basics of making an aura using triggers, it would be much appreciated.

Note: if no one can help, plz at least write something.....

Level 5
lol, i wouldnt say that...but n e ways tell me is this rite or am i doing something wrong

Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
Condition
(Issued order) Equal to (Order(attack))
Action

If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
((Picked unit) has buff Intensify ) Equal to True
Then - Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Picked unit)) matching (((Picked unit) has buff Curse) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Create 1 Intensify Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Picked unit)
Else - Actions
Do nothing

i tried it but it didnt work....wat am i doing wrong???

Level 3
hi
i would do it totally different as what raven has suggested:
i will try to explain the whole thing:

first off all take an aura like the unholy aura and change it so that only enemy units are effect by that aura not even the hero should be effect by that aura.
Then change the buff of that aura so that the units effect will have a stun effect over there head.
and try this trigger:

Condition (dont put any condition here
Action
Unit group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
loop - Aktions
'IF'-Bedingungen
((Picked unit) has buff Unholy Aura) Gleich True
'THEN'-Aktionen
Einheit - Pause on (Picked unit)
'ELSE'-Aktionen
Einheit - Pause off (Picked unit)

the units will be stunned all the time if they are effected by the aura only if you walk away they will able to move, so you can play with the range of the aura,
and if you change the 1.00 second to like 10.00 seconds a couple off units can still be able to hit you before they get stunned otherwise they wont be able to make any damage at all.

i dont know if you were looking for such a solution, but i made this whole thing in a test map and it works pretty good. i will save the map perhaps you want to have a look.

Level 3
i just had another idea, this idea will come much closer to what raven has suggested.
give a unit the stun ability you want to use the unit will be your dummy. change the range of the stun ability so that it matches the range of the aura you want to use.

then do a trigger like this
Time - Every 3.00 seconds of game time
Condition (no condition)
Aktions
unit - Create 1 soldier(my dummy unit) for Player 1 at (Position of (the hero you are using) <gen>) facing x
unit - Hide (Last created unit)
unit - Order (Last created unit) to (Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt)
Wait 1.00 seconds
unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game

this worked the best for me i would suggest you use this one instead of my first idea.

Raven which idea would you prefer?
i go back now to work on my own triggers have fun and if you have any questions just ask.

Level 3
i would suggest you do like this:
make 2 trigger
first:

event
Unit - A unit learns ability
condition
(Learned Hero Skill) equal Stun-Aura
Aktions
Set stunauraowner = (Learning Hero)

second:

Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
Condition
Aktion
UNit - Create 1 Stun-aura Dummy for (Owner of stunauraowner) at (Position of stunauraowner) facing (Position of stunauraowner)
Unit - Hide (Last created unit)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt
Wait 1.00 seconds
Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game

Level 9
This is roughly what I would do:

Code:
Stun Aura
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Stun Aura for (Matching unit)) Greater than or equal to 1)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Caster = (Picked unit)
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 800.00 of (Position of Caster) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster for (Owner of Caster) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
                        Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Picked unit)

I would also probably create a unit group with the acceptable targets (i.e. enemies, land units, non-invulnerable units, etc.) and create different stun abilities for each level and add them to the dummy caster via If/Then actions.

~The_Raven

Level 3
this step is pretty cool
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Stun Aura for (Matching unit)) Greater than or equal to 1)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Set Caster = (Picked unit)

i couldnt find another solution for how to give the caster an varible but thats a nice way.

i will keep that in mind, Raven aka my new Master :p

PS: is expiration timer better then hiding and removing? and when it is, why?

Level 5
ok rotkiv i tried urs and it doesnt work...and raven i tried urs, but it only works in some areas of my map....where it did work was near healing well, but the thing is, it stunned my hero and not the units, wat am i doing wrong?

Level 2
Code:
Stun Aura
    Events
        Time - Every (Random real number between 5.00 and 20.00) seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 900.00 of (Position of (Random unit from (Units in (Entire map) matching ((Level of Stun Aura  for (Matching unit)) Greater than or equal to 1)))) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Stun Aura ) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set randomFactor = (Random integer number between 1 and 4)
                    If - Conditions
                        randomFactor Equal to 1
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster for (Owner of (Random unit from (Units within 900.00 of (Position of (Picked unit)) matching ((Level of Stun Aura  for (Matching unit)) Greater than or equal to 1)))) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
                        Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                    Else - Actions
I tested this, and it works. If you can't get it to work, you've done something wrong in the Object Editor. Make sure that your Stun Aura is based of an Aura that effects all units (Such as Devotion Aura, and not an Aura like Brilliance which only effects casters.) Also you need to give your dummy unit a unit target spell with the correct order string. If this still doesn't work for you, I can upload the testing map. (Beta Patch 505)

Level 3
DemonHunterSX said:
ok rotkiv i tried urs and it doesnt work...and raven i tried urs, but it only works in some areas of my map....where it did work was near healing well, but the thing is, it stunned my hero and not the units, wat am i doing wrong?
you probably created the dummy for owner of picked unit, if not then you should check the target option of the storm bolt so that it only affects enemies.

"Raven": for some reason it is not possible to create a dummy for every picked unit, i tried it on several of my own abilities for example i tried to shadow strike all picked units in an area and that also didnt work, it always creates only one dummy and it also only shadow strikes one unit. can you somehow suggest any test map where something like that worked, because i had no mistake in my trigger i checked the trigger like 8 times for mistakes and i couldnt found any. please help

"Moonblaze" your trigger somehow doesnt make much sense in my eyes:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 900.00 of (Position of (Random unit from (Units in (Entire map) matching ((Level of Stun Aura for (Matching unit)) Greater than or equal to 1)))) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Stun Aura ) Equal to True)) and do (Actions) ??????

and also i dont think it is the best solution to base it on so much random numbers, it should stun when it has to, and not when random factor is 1. i hope you get what i mean.

"DemonHunterSX" when you tell me your email or something i can upload you my version of the aura, it works very solid. i couldnt find any bugs yet.

Level 5
Yo moon cant get that to work either :p plz post ur beta so i can c wat im doing wrong, i copied the exact trigger, based my aura on devotion, and made a dummy spell for stun, also made a dummy unit to use the stun ability....still dont work tho, plz post ur map and one more question in ur trigger

Set RandomFactor = (Random integer number between 1 and 4)

wat is that supposed to do?, is it like if the ability level is between the numbers of 1-4 then do actions?

Level 3
make the dummy cast war stomp/thunder clap witrh no effect art and ther right area,stun length and damage ect. and use a seperate triggger to put in the effects

Level 3
i improved my trigger over the last days because i kind of liked the idea of the ability, i think it is pretty much exactly what you want now.
so tell me where i can upload you my version so we can finally close this case :p

Level 3
the problem is i dont have much time to play around, i am pretty busy with my own map right now and i have to work(real work), so if someone knows exactly how to do it please tell me and i will upload as soon as i check the forum again.

Level 5
oh just figured out how to upload it to this site, go to thetop of the page, then clikc add/update Resources, then go to spells. amd add ur spell.

Level 3
i have a problem wiht my java "stuff", so i cant click that field "spell", i dont get a respond when i click, so please give me the direct link into that section.

sorry!!!

Level 5
thx a lot rotkiv, although it is not exactly wat i want, i can still work through it and imporve it to do wat i want, ty lots everyone. i am closing this subject now...finally lol

Status
Not open for further replies.