• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heylo to the Hive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello to you.

I am....well..you could say an average guy. I play the guitar, I sing, I play basketball and tennis and squash. I love art and design, and I sketch myself. I also loooooveee to play video games. I'm really interested in game design and even though I am almost a complete beginner, I am willing to shell out a lot of effort, and I learn quickly. That's basically the reason why I have joined the hive. I'd like to be part of this community and I'd like to learn from it. Hopefully, I'll be passing down what I've learned to someone else someday.

That was the brief description of all that is me. If you want to read a rant about my video game preferences, please continue. If you DONT, please skip to the bottom. Thanks.
--------------------------
Yes, video games. I might and yet might not be called a hardcore gamer. I prefer and adore games that challenge me, even ones that are Insanly tough (play "I wanna be the guy" for reference to insanly tough :xxd:) The types of games I like would be First-person shooters, Role-Playing, MMO Role-playing, Racing, Strategy, Beat-em up, Puzzle games, Hold-em Poker, Flash games, Action games, Fighting games, sim games.....ok i'm running out of stuff. Anyway pretty much everything except for stuff like cooking games, other odd job games, quiz games. I think I got all of it. I don't really have a favorite game but here are a few of my favourites and my views on them.
1) Oblivion: RPGs: This is pretty much The best RPG I have played so far. I also like the earlier Elder Scrolls version of Morrowind. I like Morrowind cause it's new, its different and its a HUGE! open-ended world. I also like Oblivion for the huge open-endedness (even though it is a bit smaller) as well as the fact that Oblivion is like the typical fantasy world, with swords, bows and arrows, magic, horses, that kind of stuff. It's a lot more familiar, which takes away some value and adds a different kind of value to it as well. The only thing I dont really like about Oblivion is that I need a computer much better than mine to play it well. I can play it on my current PC but its laggy, slow and crashes spontaneously.
2) Starcraft & Warcraft III: Strategy: These are by far The best strategy games in the world I think. Blizzard deserves a kudos for these games as they are pure awesomeness. Starcraft has a more realistic, gritty style to it along with a great storyline and characterization. Adding in to this 3 perfectly balanced races and you've got a great game! Warcraft III is somewhat different to me. Its a lot more surreal and fantasy-ish. I prefer this is some ways, and yet I don't in some other ways. I also like the hero system theyve got going and the different races. The back-story is really immersive and its great to think about. Kudos to Blizzard.
3) Halo: FPS: not much to say about this game....Awesome shooting, very nice storyline, and very nice multiplayer system makes this series of games one of the best.
4) Ratchet and Clank/Jak & Daxter: Beat-em-up/Hack-and-slash: Some might say that the later versions of both universes is somewhat Third person shooting, cause you do have an array of death-dealing weapons to choose from in the sequels of both games. I still think, however, that they maintain the hack and slash attitude, which is great btw. Out of the two I would say Jak is better only cause of the immersive storyline. Ratchet and Clank, while fun, is basically saving one galaxy in each game from a nefarious villain.
--------------------------
Anyway. I'm done. Whoever read that :thumbs_up: to you. Whoever didn't, you've missed something. Hello again!

Status
Not open for further replies.