• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Yo, I've been playing Warcraft III for a couple years on and off, but I never really messed with the World Editor until now. I'm pretty decent at forum signatures and other stuff in photoshop, so I figured I'd try my hand at skinning. I'm currently working on a RPG in WorldEdit, so if anyone could give me some tips on what to do that would be awesome.

Level 22
Hello, xzj91x! Welcome to The Hive Workshop.

As this is your first visit, feel free to have a look around the site's many forums for some topic or conversation that you find interesting. Don't be afraid to jump right into the community. :thumbs_up:

If you have questions, make sure you use the search feature. We get a myriad of questions posed to our boards every day on all kinds of Warcraft III issues, so your very question may have been answered in the past. Make sure to check out the site rules before you start posting - it will give you a good general idea of how the community is run.

A good place to start would probably be the World Editor Help forum if you are looking for map assistance. If not, then there are plenty of people that you might enjoying helping, or perhaps you'd rather find some forum to discuss your favorite topic. If you're working on a Warcraft map or are looking for a good one to play, the Map Section could be a great resource. Don't forget about all of the other resources as well. Links to their sections can be found at the top of any site page.

Welcome to The Hive! :grin:

Level 24
Welcome to the Hive Work Shop!

Thanks you for joining our ranks and please feel welcome to ask quetions.
For learning to do something I qould reccomend the Hive tutorials as they cover almost
any subject possibe. There is no shame in this every one needs to start somewhere. . .

Posting:

Some pointers include:

-Talk like a normal person! < < < < < < < < < < < <
-Try to solve your problems yourself before posting,
-Try to make descriptive posts not like the following.

"so ya i'm gonna make a map and it's like going to be a TD. . . Is this a good idea?"

If you do not have any details on an idea or post try to develop some before posting.
Do not make any usless spam or smileys 'cause when you do you look like a three year old.

Despite this feel no shame about being creul where creul is necessary. Though try to give constructive critisism, critisism is OK.

Resources:

The Hive has many resources available for your use. They incude, Models, Skins, Tools
Spells and even Maps.

Please read rules before uploading your own.
Give credit where due.
No pirating or deprotecting of maps permited with out authors permission.

If you want a cool spinning avatar (like mine) or an avatar with a model in it with you name or any symbol on it just contact me at [email protected] with reqeust details and wanted images. Othewise use an avatar of your own or one of the amazing ones supplied by the Hive.

Reputaion:

The safest way to earn reputaion is to just be nice and pleasant. Help where help
is wanted or needed. To give out reputaion you must first have 10 of your own.

Forums:

There are forums for almost any possible need of a War3 modder or person. For map development advice go to Idea Factory. As you will see I am quite active there. Off-Topic is a fun place to experiment and carry on disscusions. Most of the names are self explanitory.

Chat:

Personally I have never accomplished much on the Hive Chat but some times it can be amusing (if childish). You can somtimes get advice there though.

PM (private messages):

Private messages are the way to go for communicationg with any one person. To send a PM simply go to the User CP (located in the tabs at the top of the forum screen). Explore it from there and you will find the Send PM button. From there it is self explanitory.

Me:

I am not a moderator or anything nearly as important just trying to help out and make
you feel welcome. As you can see (by post count and rep) I am by no means a huge name in the Hive but hey, enjoy anyway.

If you need any help on mapping work just contact me (private message or at [email protected]) and I'll be glad to do whatever I can. I can also give you some names of people whom might be willing to help in other topics (ie: modeling). So as I said if you need any help or any friends (heheh) just contact me.

ENJOY THE HIVE!!

12:45 AM 07/06/2008

Hawk900

Contact me for tips!

Status
Not open for further replies.