• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HeroPaladin.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Noble Paladins have fought for the Alliance for ages, defending its homeland from Orcs and Humans alike. When the Lich King's demonic army of Undead brought its plague upon Lordaeron, the Paladins of the Silver Hand valiantly fought back against the Scourge.
Many were slain, their corpses left rotting where they die. An unfortunate few, however, received a punishment worse than their death. From the ground they rose again, being forced to fight against those they were sworn to defend in their first life.

This is my first skin, and it was fun to gain the knowledge and make the skin itself.

Enjoy!

Update 6/19: Added detail to the hands, Changed the book's color scheme, Darkened the head of the hammer, and changed the text in the book.

Keywords:
Paladin Warcraft Undead Human Hero UndeadPaladin
Contents

Risen Paladin (Texture)

Reviews
11:25, 21st Jun 2011 shiiK: It becomes increasingly frustrating for me to inform each and every beginner of the rules we have for this section. You find them here and by uploading this resource you have confirmed that you have read and understood...

M

11:25, 21st Jun 2011
shiiK: It becomes increasingly frustrating for me to inform each and every beginner of the rules we have for this section. You find them here and by uploading this resource you have confirmed that you have read and understood those rules, and that you agree to them. The ones under Skin Rules are first priority, then there are the rules below all the specific rules. Do especially note Originality, Functionality and Completion. Your skin does not fulfill any of these needs, and as such, belongs in the Texturing & Surfacing board - and will be rejected. You may post your WIPs and coming updates in a thread on the mentioned board. When you are under the impression people are satisfied with your skin, and you believe your skin complies with all of the aforementioned rules, then, and only then, may you update this resource again and I will review it once more. Failure to comply with this may lead to disciplinary punishment in form of deducted reputation or in severe cases, an infraction or banishment.

Please pardon me if I sound harsh, I just want to be crystal clear. There's nothing personal involved in this.

Level 4
Looks.. sortof.. wierd. The texture on weapon isent very good and the book is very blurry Also the hands are like stumps xD. Otherwise, I think it was a good thought of creativity! Keep trying :D

The weapon is as it is because it doesn't look as bad when its in the game. I do want to improve it though. As for the hands, thank you for pointing that out. I'll get on that and the weapon ASAP. Thanks for the critique!

Last edited:
Level 14
Me like but can you change book words from "Sam" to "DIE!" or somethin like that,4/5
Edit:You changed it..now im happy

Last edited:
Level 4
you should've posted this in texturing and surfacing. this won't be approved at its current state

Please suggest what can be improved on it. I already know that I need to work on the hands and weapon.

And unfortunately, I did not know that was the routine for beginners.

Not bad for a beginner. Don't get mad if this doesn't get approved, you're on the right track - just gotta keep developing your skills, which you will.

Thanks! That complement helps, coming from the likes of you! :D. If you have any suggestions, please do share them.

Me like but can you change book words from "Sam" to "DIE!" or somethin like that,4/5

Thanks! I wanted to keep a lot of the original aspects of the skin. The point is that this is no longer what it once was, but all signs of humanity from this walking corpse isn't gone.

Level 13
Thanks! I wanted to keep a lot of the original aspects of the skin. The point is that this is no longer what it once was, but all signs of humanity from this walking corpse isn't gone.
And that is the problem. You have to change is at much as possible, but at least with 75% freehand. Like this there are just to less changes made.

Level 9
Yes at least 75% change must be done to the skin,good idea on the unholy paladin,tips : Look at the model from time to time and figure out the warp before skinning it ^^