1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

HeroDemonMummy.BLP

Submitted by assasin_lord
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
My second skin to the Egyptian theme, hope you like it

If you find any problems with it just let me know.

Update:
Fixed Weapon (Call them Gilutine Blades)
Fixed Sharpned Texture
Added Bloody Scars but the eyes is still the same

Keywords:
Mummy, Undead, Egyptian, Dessert, Demonhunter, Night Elf
Contents

Mummified Warrior (Texture)

Reviews
17:21, 22nd Jan 2009 Hawkwing: All freehanded areas are very blurry and messy in general.
  1. 17:21, 22nd Jan 2009
    Hawkwing: All freehanded areas are very blurry and messy in general.

2. Elven Spellmake

Elven Spellmake

Resources:
    Resources:
    It looks nice... But you have compressed the skin so much the quality is really bad.

Look at the right hand screenshot. Its has lots of artifacts from bad compression.

The weapon needs improving, it looks very plain. Also why are the hands green?

Its a nice start but you need to consider changing some things, and also making sure that it isn't compressed so much. A typical skin is 100kb, this is 16kb, because the compression has taken most of the detail out of it.

3. FrIkY

FrIkY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Whoa........! That's like.... quality on 1?... come on, please make it bigger! :/

4. DonDustin

DonDustin

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    have you drawn it in 64x64??? Because it is TOOOOOO blurry.

5. Elven Spellmake

Elven Spellmake

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, if you look at the left screenshot its higher quality... He has compressed it just before uploading it. I think he needs to compress it less and update this one.

6. assasin_lord

assasin_lord

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Better now? if you want the low size ver, just ask.
    Also I didn't change it after I took the screenshot

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  7. Power

Power

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    wow very good,the best skin who i have see...... <10/10>........................ create another mummy skins . keep the good work !!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Elven Spellmake

Elven Spellmake

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its a lot better now the quality is greater, but something needs to be done about the blades. Up close they don't look very good, and from far they look plain. You've added alpha on them, to remove the spikes etc. off the blade.

A lot of recolour, but it works well.

9. FrIkY

FrIkY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Ok, now I can see what's going on in this skin... well, first of all... it doesn't have enough material for approval... around 50% of the skin is retone/recolor, but you need at least 75% freehand in order to get it approved (+ all the other skin submission stuff...). Those bandages could also use more work, they blur out ingame, you must sharpen them, sharpen them good... use the "Sharpen Filter". For the that, I recommend you to study this tutorial and use it's tactic! Make new pants, blades and that "badge" thingy, where Pandaren's head was drawn before.

Short list of what you need to change:
    - Shade those bandages little bit more
    - Make new hair
    - Make new blades
    - make new "badge"
    - sharpen!

Useful Tip!
    When making a skin, size it to 512x512... make your skin, and then re-size it back to 256x256 back again!
    You'll have to draw more, but... then you'll also have better results with your skin! :thumbs_up:

Right now, your grade will be:
    2/5 - Lacking
    But off course, you'll work harder on it next time when you update it, and when you make your skin look better, the grade will be better too! ^^

I'm just being friendly and helpful!

10. assasin_lord

assasin_lord

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    First of all, I'm relly greatful for the support i get instead of just complains and acording to friky's list I wont change all of his/her points.

-I like the hair and don't think i will change it
    -The bandages needs to be improved and i will do so
    -Blades is going to be fixed soon as possible
    -The badge will not be fixed, not be used at all in fact (didnt like it)

And last of all, I do think i have done more then 50% because i have removed more then 10% of the original skin so of whats left i have changed (not recolored) more then 50%

BTW "I'm just being friendly and helpful!" <-- Relly like this part, and thank you

11. FrIkY

FrIkY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Well, then... let the moderator's review judge! ^^
    Oh, and face, in the portrait looks great ingame!

12. assasin_lord

assasin_lord

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Thank you, but don't think he can use the Demonhunter soundset. "Im blind not deaf" dont work any longer XD

13. FrIkY

FrIkY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

You just gave me an idea!! Why don't you, make him eyeless and make some "old bloody" wounds on his body! It would be a grade + raise up! :D

14. assasin_lord

assasin_lord

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Thats not bad at all, i give it a try

15. Nbah

Nbah

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Here's an idea why dont you make hollowed out eyes instead of real eyes, would look 10x better if you ask me.

16. Triax

Triax

Resources:
    Resources:
    Whoa, really cool idea. =)
    But about the badge ... Without the blades seem to have no structure, it somehow takes their, um, I don't know, their style somehow. If you totally refused making some would you probably make 2 versions, one with and one without?