• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Wars: Revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I will need some ideas from YOU on certain matters so even if you do not want to be a part of the team come back from time to time to let me know some of your ideas.

I need at least 1 jasser for a new HW i am working on. I have a lot of it done, i made it from scratch with another HW to help. There is a lot of new stuff in my map, i have an eye for detail and i am obsessed with fairness, ease-of-use, and perfection.

The ideal candidates are patient.. I simply do not want to keep putting out beta's and updates because we were too lazy to do it right the first time. I also don't want tons of versions floating around where people need to download the same map 12 times.

There are many new features for balance and fun and modes for a diverse game each time it is played. I have put down a frame-work of ideas, so many that i am swamped to do it all myself and also i cannot do everything myself which is why i am calling for a jasser.

This map is for everyone, i am clanless, have been looking online for HW players who are mappers to jump on board, that failed, so here i am.
I will need to write-up a detailed list of how things will work so that looking at the triggers will be easier from the get-go for the chosen candidate(s). The map is not far from completion, i'd say, just some motivation, dedication and a month at the most and it would be ready.

I am not a control-freak. However, i have a text explaining logistics of my HW map for future HW mappers to base their map on and i'm trying to keep it as realistic and fair as possible, so any ideas (on your behalf) that are obviously unfair are a no-go. We'll have to share why we think this idea is good or bad, i am open to changing what i have already created if a part of it is deemed biased. Some ideas i have might not be implemented, like 6v6 players, because i have failed as of yet to make that work, although it seems i am but a few more tests to discovering if it is in fact impossible.

People who play this HW map will have a different experience almost every time they play it. I want the chosen candidate(s) to have some ideas of their own to implement, not just on board to do triggers and then sign your name. No-strings-attached commitment to this map, just commitment to putting out another good map.

I am good in the ways of GUI, i know how to implement some jass scripts, and i want to keep the map RoC, even if it means conversion.

On a side note i was making this map to be open source for future HW mappers, however i am unsure now. Whoever is on board will help me to decide if we should release an open-source version, off the bat or later or not at all. My reasoning is i won't be around forever and would like for people to continue making better HW maps and better maps in general from our resources and ideas.

By the way, if you have other projects going on and want on board and think it may take loner than a month, that's fine, i was just giving you a idea of how soon we could get it done if we put moderate effort into it.

All basic features, old and new are now options.

And finally the first question for HW players, where you pick your hero i was thinking of using that wasted space to do (what) to upgrade troops? Maybe fight clones of your enemies? Maybe fight the number of units you want within a specific time? Or is it too much? I don't know, maybe you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.