• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Upgrades and Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hey Ralle,

• I'd like to increase my monthly donation, but I'm not sure how. I came across the following issues:

• Couldn't find my existing donation / hero tier in my account settings. "Your account" -> "Account Upgrades" was easy to find, but the page showed options to buy Promotional Banners, Anonymous Hero Tiers and the Hive T-shirt instead. Took me really long to see that my current hero tier was listed below the shirt.
      Maybe putting existing subscriptions on top of the page would work better? I personally think they are the most important thing to show. Also a horizontal bar / visual separator from the next / previous section would be nice. I had scrolled past the section about my existing tier, because the Tshirt-section didn't visually separate well from it.
    • My existing tier showed a "Cancel"-Button, but I wanted to upgrade, not cancel. Maybe you could also make a button for changing tiers? If that is not possible, some text of how to do it instead would be helpful.
    • As I've not seen any clue on how to upgrade, I reckon I have to cancel my existing hero tier in order to switch to another. I've just done that - clicked on the Cancel-button, got forwarded to Paypal, cancelled subscription. However, the Hive-site still shows the Cancel-button (as if I was still subscribed) and I don't see an option to buy another tier. What am I supposed to do?

• You could maybe mention below the Hero perks that "Hero role on Discord" requires connecting the two accounts and link to the menu where to do it.
  • I had a bug while trying to connect Hive to Discord: My browser was still logged into an old temporary Discord account of mine (I wonder how I never noticed). Associating Hive to fake Discord worked, but the association was always immediately removed afterwards (I basically confirmed the association, clicked on another profile page, clicked back on "Connected Accounts" and the association was gone). Took me ages to find out why. Maybe an error notification after invalid association attempts would have helped, idk.

Best regards
Eikonium

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hey Eikonium,

First of all, thanks for being a hero :).

Couldn't find my existing donation / hero tier in my account settings. "Your account" -> "Account Upgrades" was easy to find, but the page showed options to buy Promotional Banners, Anonymous Hero Tiers and the Hive T-shirt instead. Took me really long to see that my current hero tier was listed below the shirt.
T-shirt? It shouldn't even show that you can buy the t-shirt anymore, I wonder why that's visible for you. Can you share a screenshot?
  • My existing tier showed a "Cancel"-Button, but I wanted to upgrade, not cancel. Maybe you could also make a button for changing tiers? If that is not possible, some text of how to do it instead would be helpful.
Yes, when you cancel via Paypal, it's only when the patronage tries to renew that the site recognises it. Might be a bit medieval but that's how XenForo does it :)
  • As I've not seen any clue on how to upgrade, I reckon I have to cancel my existing hero tier in order to switch to another. I've just done that - clicked on the Cancel-button, got forwarded to Paypal, cancelled subscription. However, the Hive-site still shows the Cancel-button (as if I was still subscribed) and I don't see an option to buy another tier. What am I supposed to do?
You are doing it right by cancelling and then buying the next tier. Also, if you care about it, on the members page it counts the number of months being a hero in total and not since this new subscription starts. So you won't lose out on duration :).
  • You could maybe mention below the Hero perks that "Hero role on Discord" requires connecting the two accounts and link to the menu where to do it.
That's a good (and easy to do) idea. I will do that right now.

Thanks a ton. I will see what I can do now and make notes of the rest :)

Level 20
Yes, when you cancel via Paypal, it's only when the patronage tries to renew that the site recognises it. Might be a bit medieval but that's how XenForo does it :)
Ooh XenForo, what have you done...

T-shirt? It shouldn't even show that you can buy the t-shirt anymore, I wonder why that's visible for you. Can you share a screenshot?
The T-shirt is shown under "Purchased upgrades". Just thought I can still buy it, because it still shows a price for "Your Name on T-Shirt" and a big yellow slogan "Buy before October 20th" (which was attributing to a year ago, but my brain didn't notice).

The hero tier below the shirt is actually hard to see, because the font is so small and the T-shirt image so dominant. A horizontal separator between the two would be perfect. Plus I still think, active subscriptions should show on the top of the page, not bottom.

1665326007641.png

Thanks a ton. I will see what I can do now and make notes of the rest :)
Great, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.