• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

[Trigger] Hero Stats xferred to Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I was wondering if it is possible to transfer Hero stats into an item thus allowing the item to influence the holder?

This is my idea:

Hero Tower - A Tower that is influenced by the ongoing leveling of the Hero.

Right now I have this trigger set

• Hero Tower Attack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Syerian Hero Tower
          • HeroRanged Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 0.75 seconds
          • Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing ((Real((Agility of Hero_War (Include bonuses)))) x (Real(2))) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String(((Real((Agility of Hero_War (Include bonuses)))) x (Real(2))))) above (Attacked unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 8.00, color (100.00%, 50.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Set HeroTower_FloatText = (Last created floating text)
          • Floating Text - Show HeroTower_FloatText for (All players)
          • Floating Text - Set the velocity of HeroTower_FloatText to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
          • Floating Text - Change HeroTower_FloatText: Disable permanence
          • Floating Text - Change the fading age of HeroTower_FloatText to 0.50 seconds
          • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of HeroTower_FloatText to 1.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions

Ultimately I would like the tower to display "+dmg" in green next to it's original damage when veiwing the stats on the tower. These stats would be altered throughout the game as the hero gains levels and abilities so it would have to be an ongoing system like the trigger I set up that just multiplies a certain attribute.

dmgRAW.jpg

I would appreciate any feedback or help, thank you.

Level 3
Create a skill based on item's bonus damage ? It's don't show on spelllist and it add damage in green, u can make level to it, like 3 damage per level, and level up this skill for da tower when you're hero level up

Level 2
I guess I can do it this way although it is pretty static. I mean don't get me wrong this is a good idea but I was hoping for a calculation or way to automatically update the damage when the hero levels. But hey, this will work for now... hopefully.

I will try this out then get back to you, thank you.

Edit: It works! What I ended up doing is the following:

• Hero Tower Ability Level
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Leveling Hero)) Equal to (Unit-type of unitHero)
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Syerian Hero Tower
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set level of HERO TOWER BNS (HeroAgix3) for (Picked unit) to unitHero_Level
            • Else - Actions
I could definitely use this for the time being for testing purposes but I would still like something else, in fact I will start a new thread asking something that can relate with this method.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.