• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Hero Arena] Hero Rampage Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6

Hero Rampage Wars

By Salvadorc17 and Toteman

2gxjr5g.jpg

This is a Rampage Wars with heroes and two objectives:

- Get 20 kills firts to win
-Create rampages to gain more units to the army.
-1vs1 or 2vs2

See rampage wars: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/rampage-wars-reloaded-253989/

What is Rampage Wars?
-This is a 4 players map
-In Rampage Wars, you have a only unit, by default the basic soldier of each race.
-When you get a kill your unit evolve into the next unit type by strong, you need to fight against the others to stay alive and get a rampage to gain 1 more unit in the army. When you get 20 you win. Each kill give you gold and wood.

126788d1371174532t-hero-rampage-wars-herorampage2.png

126786d1371174369t-hero-rampage-wars-herorampage.png

Version 5 added. (2014)
Most of all the triggers completed
-Music added
-Customs sounds added (Multikill, ultrakill, eg)
-Triggers completed
-Store and blacksmith implemented

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/tqk493sut97sa5m/HeroesRampageWars.rar

Credits

World Editor Warcraft 3
Custom sounds by Counter Strike mod.

Level 3
So..

I took the time to try the map, and at first I was actually a bit entertained. Mostly because the map was so messy and I had absolutely no idea what was going on. Tried it several times actually.
The map is very fast paced, which is something I can appreciate.
It is however completely unbalanced because of using standard wc3 heroes with no army. Like.. Undead team gets Archimonde and Orcs get Thrall? Humans get Archmage very quickly, which is a game winner in it self, as he can summon water elemental. In no time you will have 10 archmages and 10 water elementals, all doing massive damage.

So many typos bro..

To be honest, I had no idea what was going on. There is no info to be found anywhere, as to what the objective of the map is. So I decided to take a look at the triggers to find out.

Creeps stop leveling up after "ScoreLevel 4" instead of going to 10 like the players. Might be intended. Can't really tell :)

• Events
    • Time - RampageTimmer expires
  • Conditions
    • (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) Not equal to Neutral Hostile
  • Actions
    • Set RampageStatus = False
    • Set RampageUnit = UnitRampage
    • Sound - Play rampage <gen>
    • Unit - Create 1 RampageUnit for PlayerRampage at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing (Position of (Triggering Unit))
Is this trigger supposed to so anything?
The condition will block the trigger permanently since there is no triggering unit.

You keep mentioning that the map is about scoring rampages, yet it was impossible to know what a rampage was until looking at the triggers.. I thought a rampage was some sick multikill streak, yet it proved to be standing in the middle of the map for 30 seconds, lol. Which is incredibly easy for the human starter units, since it has 45 second divine shield, lol. The fact that the trigger that is supposed to reward you for scoring a rampage is bugged doesn't make it any better :b

- Get 20 kills firts to win
When you get 20 you win. Each kill give you gold and wood.
The game ends at 30 kills.

Even after looking through all the triggers and playing the game to end several times, I am still very very confused :)

To be fair, the map is actually fairly entertaining and the idea is decent. The execution however is quite poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.