• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Hero animations and ultimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My partner and myself use WE Unlimited to edit a Footmen Frenzy type map. We have run into a couple of problems with heros. Firstly, we are using a tenticle model as one of the heros. The problem with this is that no animations will appear on him. For example he has Immolation as a skill, but you can not see it when it is activated.

The other problem we have encountered is with a different hero's ultimate. It is an avatar-based skill, and the hero has a model of an Ancient Protector. When his ultimate is activated, we want him to become immobile for a set amount of time, not being able to move at all. We are having a hard time achieving this. Any tips and suggestions are much appreciated, thanks!

Level 4
Some units don't have attachment points so you can't attach effects to them. About the not moving, the only thing I can think of off the top of my head, is by hiding the casting unit, then making a 'dummy' unit that can't move to 'be the hero'.

Hope this helps

- Azalgath

Status
Not open for further replies.