• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Alright, to answer that, we might need to know what might cause lag in a map.

1. Large amounts of abilities being cast such as Volcano, Earthquake tornado and some other ultimate's might make the game laggy.

2. Large amounts of units also contribute to the lag.

3. Instant spawn's, for example, a sudden spawn with 80 units might cause a large lag burst.

4. Large amounts of doodads sometime's cause lag, try removing un-nesscary doodads that dont contribute much to the terrain.

5. Several trigger's running at once and doing multiple functions. Yes, i've done it and it sometime's does cause lag.

6. Trigger's intiated at map intilization. Try not to put trigger's right when the map starts, do elapsed time - 3 seconds or so in the event.

These are what usually cause maps to lag. Atleast the one's that i know of. Try doing the following in what ever map you are making. If none work, list the trigger's, things and such in your map. And we will figure out which one causes the lag.

Level 3
This reduced lag in my map, I'm not so sure if it will in yours though.

[This is if you have some pretty sizeable battles going on].

• EVENT
  • Unit - Unit Dies
  • ACTION
  • Unit - Remove (Dying Unit) from game.
Add this into conditions if your heros to respawn:

• CONDITIONS
  • [Boolean]
  • Unit-Type of (Dying Unit) is a hero equal to false

Level 4
Believe me, I don't want to spam but really...

Fcuck if you want to remove dying unit please don't use any trigger, just change decay time into 0.1, geez...

Status
Not open for further replies.