• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Import] HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
How can i make 1 spell to scale from attributes?
For example... Flame strike deals x20 INT damage. And 1 more for example: Heals the target ally for 10x int. ***Imporatnt*** I am very bad with scripts and events. please show me the easiest way to do it, or with video (if there is a video) cause i always stuck at some of the events and cant even find them with hours.. :(

Level 15
Step 1, Event : Unit - Generic when a Unit starts an effect of an ability.

Step 2, Condition : ability being cast is equal to Flame Strike

Step 3, Action : damage area at target point of ability being cast dealing 10 * intelligence of casting Unit (including bonuses) as Attack type Spells and damage type Fire.

Level 9
@Acutesharpness: Flame Strike is a delayed DoT spell, not an instant damage one.

To make a Flame Strike with scaling damage that works exactly like the original, it would require recreating the spell with triggers using a timer/wait and a looping trigger. If this seems daunting to you, I highly recommend learning the trigger editor.

For your healing spell it should be simple enough, assuming it is instant. Create an ability based off Channel (I will refer to this as HealingSpell) and change it to a Unit Target spell.
  • healspell
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to HealingSpell
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set Life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) + ((Intelligence of (Triggering unit)) * 10))

Level 6
@Acutesharpness: Flame Strike is a delayed DoT spell, not an instant damage one.

To make a Flame Strike with scaling damage that works exactly like the original, it would require recreating the spell with triggers using a timer/wait and a looping trigger. If this seems daunting to you, I highly recommend learning the trigger editor.

For your healing spell it should be simple enough, assuming it is instant. Create an ability based off Channel (I will refer to this as HealingSpell) and change it to a Unit Target spell.
  • healspell
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to HealingSpell
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set Life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) + ((Intelligence of (Triggering unit)) * 10))
Thank you, but i don't know how to do the last trigger (the action) i can't find that.. Please explain it step by step cause that's not the first time i can't find a trigget close to that. :(

Level 6
I haven't used the editor in forever, but I'm pretty sure its under Unit - Set Life. You can use the search category when adding a new action, using the keyword 'Set Life' and you should probably find it.
The problem is that i can't find your trigger, also cant find so long trigger + i can't find the part with + Intelligence

Attachments

• help 123.png
    help 123.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 48
Level 12
@HolyWillRise

first of all, you have "destructible" selected instead of "unit" (scroll down a bit, you can see it says unit at the bottom of the list in the screenshot).

Secondly, attribute stats are probably integers, not 100% sure, but probably. So take a look at "conversion - convert integer to real" and see if you can find it.

Also, it should say "hero - something" because you first choose this option, then you choose which attribute to use, so if you simply search for intelligence nothing will show up. Instead look through all the "hero" stuff.

Hope that helps.

Level 6
I still don't know how to do the + Integers. And how to do the conversion? (Also not surve abut the variable, shoud it be abillity or not)

P.S Thanks to everyone for the replys but i am still stuck. Sorry if i look stupid to your eyes but i never worked with that kind of triggers.

Attachments

• help1234.png
    help1234.png
    112 KB · Views: 58
Level 39
From the set life window, click the "to _____" and put in:
  • Arithmetic (+)
    • Unit - Property (choose current life)
    • Arithmetic (x)
      • Conversion - Convert Integer to Real
        • Hero - Hero Attribute (choose intelligence)
      • Whatever the integer multiplier is, probably 20.00
Gives you:
  • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + ((Real((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 20.00))

Level 6
From the set life window, click the "to _____" and put in:
  • Arithmetic (+)
    • Arithmetic (x)
Gives you:
  • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + ((Real((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 20.00))
I cant find that _____ also can't i just use custom script? P.S Please do it with pictures if u can, Thanks and sorry again.

Attachments

• help12345.png
    help12345.png
    124.5 KB · Views: 59
Level 39
You cannot use custom script lines like that; they are for JASS code. You will need to click on exactly the things I listed in my tree in the order they're listed there. Each new indented line is one 'level' deeper.

The ___ represents the field you have to click to change what the life is set to, dude. The only thing besides <the unit you want to change the life of> you can possibly click in that whole input window.

Level 6
You cannot use custom script lines like that; they are for JASS code. You will need to click on exactly the things I listed in my tree in the order they're listed there. Each new indented line is one 'level' deeper.

The ___ represents the field you have to click to change what the life is set to, dude. The only thing besides <the unit you want to change the life of> you can possibly click in that whole input window.
Finally did it! One last thing. How to do that x20?

Attachments

• Help123456.png
    Help123456.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 87
Level 39
How to do that x20?
You will need to click on exactly the things I listed in my tree in the order they're listed there. Each new indented line is one 'level' deeper.
  • Arithmetic (+)
    • Arithmetic (x)
Instead of the "Conversion - Convert integer to real" you have done, change that 'level' to "Arithmetic". Then put the Conversion line (and everything 'beneath' it) on the left, change the operator from + to x, and put 20.00 on the right side.

If you need to do arithmetic... use the arithmetic action. I can't be any more clear than that. Without exaggeration or ridicule here: learning to navigate the trigger menus to get what you want in the space you want it is the most simple and fundamental skill you need to have when writing triggers. Everything blue is clickable and changeable.

Level 6
Instead of the "Conversion - Convert integer to real" you have done, change that 'level' to "Arithmetic". Then put the Conversion line (and everything 'beneath' it) on the left, change the operator from + to x, and put 20.00 on the right side.

If you need to do arithmetic... use the arithmetic action. I can't be any more clear than that. Without exaggeration or ridicule here: learning to navigate the trigger menus to get what you want in the space you want it is the most simple and fundamental skill you need to have when writing triggers. Everything blue is clickable and changeable.
Thank you a lot! For real.. You helped me a lot with the triggers, i think i got what i was supposed to understand. Thank you one more time and sorry for all of that.. haha ^_^

Level 11
For example... Flame strike deals x20 INT damage.
Your asking isn't accurate. The flame strike deals instant damage (that is also period one but deals the main damage) and it leaves flaming ground that deals also period damage which is lesser than the main one.
For example the main damage is caused 8-9 times (2.67 / 0.33) and the period one - is 9 times (9.00/1.00).

Anyway here is a tempalte for ya. A part of settings for the ability you have to set in the object editor (range, cast time, period of both the main and the period damage etc etc.) In the "RUN ABILITY SETTINGS" trigger you can set damage caused according to your wish.

Attachments

• FLAME STRIKE TRIGGER.w3x
    30.6 KB · Views: 34
Level 6
Your asking isn't accurate. The flame strike deals instant damage (that is also period one but deals the main damage) and it leaves flaming ground that deals also period damage which is lesser than the main one.
For example the main damage is caused 8-9 times (2.67 / 0.33) and the period one - is 9 times (9.00/1.00).

Anyway here is a tempalte for ya. A part of settings for the ability you have to set in the object editor (range, cast time, period of both the main and the period damage etc etc.) In the "RUN ABILITY SETTINGS" trigger you can set damage caused according to your wish.
Thank you, but that flame strike was a mistake, that was just the first spell in my mind, maybe ill do something about it but after very long time, cause i have a lot of work to do with my map ^^ Anyway thanks ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.