• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

help with Spellbooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I need a little bit oh help with creating a spellbook. I'm using http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33039 this tutorial, the second post in the thread.

I want to create a spellbook but am having problems even creating a spellbook ability... i can't find the fields that the author modyfied there, such as
Base Order ID, or basicaly enything in violet.

I think i'm using the wrong ability as a base. Help!

Level 40
Go under Item Abilities, and base it off Spell Book, and you should be fine...

Activate Display Values as Raw Data, you should see something like this:

XXXX:YYYY (Z)

Where XXXX and YYYY are numbers/letters (not necessarily all the same), and Z is the spell's name.

Post what YYYY comes out to be. (It is the rawcode of the spell that that custom spell was based off, so it will clearly tell you if you have based it off the right spell or not)

Level 3
Thanks to your help i have managed to create my own spellbook ^^ The name of the original ability (YYYY) is Aspb.

I tried placing a spellbook within a spellbook, but it unfortunatley didn't work, so this won't be as usefull in creating my mod as i had hoped. I'm trying to make characters cast abilities when you use key combinations...

So far i've put a placeholder fireball spell inside the spellbook, but what i need right now is an empty ability that triggers a script. Any tips on how to create an ability that dosn't do anything?

Last edited:
Level 40
Spellbooks within Spellbooks work fine, but no two Spellbooks on a unit may share a Base Order ID. However, you won't want to use spellbook for an empty ability. Use the hero ability Channel: it's a triggerer's best friend - its target type can change between No Target, Target Unit, Target Ground, Target Ground or Unit, its spell type (Physical, Magical) casting rules (Unique cast (ie mass cast or not)), area of effect targeter display, icon display, etc, can all be changed, as well as cooldown (without the delay that most spells have), channeling time ("Follow Through Time"), whether it completely disables the hero ("Disable Other Abilities"), and so on, and so forth. (Or, use Berserk if you want it to be untargetable and not to interrupt orders).

Level 3
Thanks! This helped a lot, i know much more what i am doing now ^^

What are the different spellbook Base Order ID's? I only know of one... Can one maybe create new ones?

For some reason i can't place an ability i base on Channel inside a spellbook... It works in the editor, but dosn't appear in game. i'll look more into it but help would be welcome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.