• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

help with spawn point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
so at the start of the game u can select from 4 different races, each race has its own specific tower. when you select your race i have a trigger that fires off and places down your races main base then 2 of that specific races towers. i have 2 regions to place a tower next to the main base. the problem im running into is i cant figure out a way to trigger the towers to spawn for that specific player at his 2 towers spawn regions. so far my trigger looks like this.

E)- Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for race_select_dialog
C)- (Clicked dialog button) Equal to Human_race_select_button
A)-Actions
Unit - Create 1 Guard Tower for (Triggering player) at towerspawnpoint[1] facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Create 1 Guard Tower for (Triggering player) at towerspawnpoint[2] facing Default building facing degrees

the "towerspawnpoint[1 & 2] are obviously the 2 sepperate spawn points for the towers. i've looking around and tried playing with a few variable options i just cant seem to figure out how to get the trigger to make it look like this

Unit - Create 1 Guard Tower for (Triggering player) at ((Triggering player) start location) facing Default building facing degrees

now that ((triggering player)start location)

id like it to look something like ((triggering player)towerspawnpoint [1 or 2]

but when i set in the variable the option for triggering player goes away.

any help would be appriciated very much thanks.

Level 5
not sure if this is right, but try creating the building (unit) at a point inside the region.

• Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 Guard Tower for (Triggering player) at (Center of TowerSpawnRegion <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
if that works, odds are it has to do with you never set or incorrectly set your variables. Also, make sure your region is big enough, shouldnt matter but who knows.

Level 4
alright ill add a little more detail

this is the spawn trigger i have for the tower being places

human towers
Events
Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for race_select_dialog
Conditions
(Clicked dialog button) Equal to Human_race_select_button
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Guard Tower for (Triggering player) at towerspawnpoint[1] facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
Unit - Create 1 Guard Tower for (Triggering player) at towerspawnpoint[2] facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees

and as my variable so far i have

Set towerspawnpoint[1] = (Center of red tower 1 <gen>)
Set towerspawnpoint[2] = (Center of red tower 2 <gen>)

the problem that im running into is im unable to specify who is clicking the dialog button and to spawn the towers at that specific players tower spots

*SOLVED* i finally figured it out through trial and error, the creation trigger needed to look like this

actions-
Unit - Create 1 Watch Tower for (Triggering player) at towerspawnpoint[(Player number of (Triggering player))] facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
Unit - Create 1 Watch Tower for (Triggering player) at towerspawnpoint2[(Player number of (Triggering player))] facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.