• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Help with some simple stuff please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
How to remove a hero when a player leaves
How to make a team not able to pick up there own flag in a ctf map
How to make -25% run when holding the flag
And How to set a player slot onto computer only
I used to know all this till i played diablo 4 awhile :(

Level 5
fo rthe "How to remove a hero when a player leaves "

use triggers.. event-> when a player leaves..
condition-> leving player =red??
action -> remove varPLAYERred

?? i dunno.. not sure.. maybe

for the slow when hodling flag.. maybe u could just make a dummy unit and cast slow to the unit taking the flag..

hehe..

Level 5
Cosmonaut said:
How to remove a hero when a player leaves
How to make a team not able to pick up there own flag in a ctf map
How to make -25% run when holding the flag
And How to set a player slot onto computer only
I used to know all this till i played diablo 4 awhile :(

Events
Player leaves the game
Conditions
None
Actions
Pick every unit owned by (Triggering player) matching condition (Unit is a hero equal to true) and do action remove unit from the game.

Events
Unit aquires an item
Conditions
Item equal to (team 1's flag)
Player is an ally of Player 1 equal to true
Actions
Order unit to drop (aquired item) in (random point centered at point of aquiring unit size 10, 10)
I think it's something like that

3.(same events and conditions as number 2)
Actions
Set unit movement speed equal to (unit movement speed x .25)

You will need to do a trigger when the drop it, too so it goes back to normal.

4. Just go to the scenario tab, player properties, and change the slot from user to computer and then under teams, select lock settings

Hope it helps!

Level 6
Ok here we go:

1: like vg said:

event- player 2 leaves game (2 for example)

action- pick every unit owned by (triggering player)in playble map and do action- remove (picked unit) from the game.

2: Do not know how you want it, but a simple trigger can be added with a simple condition:

Event - A unit aquires an item

Condition - Item aquired equal to flag

Action - If owner of triggering unit is an ally of player 1 then do action drop item of type flag

(im not sure to 100% of this trigger, and have no time to check it up)

3: Like Crazynutter wrote, do like this:

First, go to File in world editor and then go
to "preferences". Then fill in box: "Allow negative numbers in editor." Then you add a boots of speed ability to the flag item. Then you change the movement speed of the ability to example: -75. This works nice if all units that got the flag has same movespeed.

Otherwise i think you can do a trigger like this:

Event - A unit aquires an item

Condition - Item aquired equal to flag

Action - Unit- Set movement speed of triggering unit to 25% of movement speed of triggering unit.

But then you will have to add another trigger to turn of the -25% action.

4: Go to scenario or somwhere like that where you set the players colors and stuff. Set the player slot to computer, and then fill in box that makes these changes unchangeble in start of game. It should be around there.

Hope it helped.

Level 5
thanx everybody 4 your help but. iv figured out all of it except 1. with the slow run with flag is there a trigger that lets u do acuired item equal to flag. and with the negative numbers when i make the ability even with negative numbers on it doesnt let the ability speed go under 0.

Level 5
thanx everybody 4 your help but. iv figured out all of it except 1. with the slow run with flag is there a trigger that lets u do acuired item equal to flag. and with the negative numbers when i make the ability even with negative numbers on it doesnt let the ability speed go under 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.