• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Help with risk trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It is easy with jass.
You basicly have to pick all circles and add an event to a trigger that triggers when a unit enters X distence to the circle. After that you have your units, all you need to do is your actions.
Probably easier with jass than GUI but I do still think you can do it using the method above in GUI.

Level 8
It is easy with jass.
You basicly have to pick all circles and add an event to a trigger that triggers when a unit enters X distence to the circle.

What do you suggest for an event? For 'unit comes within x range of unit' you can only reference a single unit. I can think only of trying periodic events, but that seems to be rather ineffective and tedious...

Level 3
Make a destrutable look like a flag then do this trigger, then place ONE flag at the position of each place you can take over.

• RISK Flag
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.20 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Playable map area) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Distance between (Position of (Random unit from (Units of type Footman))) and (Position of (Picked destructible))) Less than or equal to 100.00
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in ((Region((X of (Position of (Picked unit))), (X of (Position of (Picked unit))), (Y of (Position of (Picked unit))), (Y of (Position of (Picked unit))))) offset by (0.00, 0.00)) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Footman)) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to (Owner of (Picked unit)) and Change color
            • Else - Actions
Wow. This trigger was crazy to come up with and your going to have to change all the stuff to fit with your map. Right now this trigger would not work- Change all that footman junk to your hero(searcher people) Then change one of the other footman to the things that you get control of when taking over the land. I don't know-- I don't really understand what you were trying to do with your map and the trigger shows. MEH.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
NO ONE USE blackchoas 's TRIGGER!
It leaks like a beaker made of air and will lag like mad if there are 100s of units and stuff on the map.
10 groupes are leaked and over 25 locations are leaked every second so it is a health hazard.
Also I do not see how this will work. . .

Stick to my method, probably safer. . .

Level 3
NO ONE USE blackchoas 's TRIGGER!
It leaks like a beaker made of air and will lag like mad if there are 100s of units and stuff on the map.
10 groupes are leaked and over 25 locations are leaked every second so it is a health hazard.
Also I do not see how this will work. . .

Stick to my method, probably safer. . .

Calm down. I wasn't expecting them to use it. I was showing basically how to do it. There is practically NO WAY to do this without making a region for each spot then a trigger for each part saying what to do when unit enters region. My trigger was just showing a basic way to do it, though halfway through it the trigger started to confuse me LOL. So I just did some more random stuff that in the context would make sense.

blackchoas said:
Wow. This trigger was crazy to come up with and your going to have to change all the stuff to fit with your map. Right now this trigger would not work-

I even said there that---

Level 2
If you want the best one for risk, you should ask for help in the JASS section with it, it would be alot simpler if you use it ;)

without jass, it may take quite awhile, and be alot more difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.