• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

help with raw data - dynamic abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
hey there. I have this problem, when i use the raw data for a custom unit say for example <a001,mindmg1> and the max damage, it never shows the true damage. I'm always stuck with damage between 21-27.
Is the mindmg1 different for every unit or what?

Level 8
No, it's just that the raw is different for every unit. It could easily be this for one unit <a001,mindmg1> - <a001,maxdmg1> and <a002,mindmg1> - <a002,maxdmg1> for the next unit. To look up unit raw, open up the Object Editor and hold Ctrl+D.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
It those raw values purly are pointers to the values in the object template table which WC3 uses. Thus it should be possiable to reference a unit's base attack or HP, however any alterations from hero stats' tomes, buffs or otherwise will result in the same vale being returned as they do not affect the actual object data. However, the way you have worded it is confusing as there is no object field for min or max damage (only base and dices).

Level 5
the way you have worded it is confusing as there is no object field for min or max damage (only base and dices).
How else to show the damage output, that is the code, just as ,DataA1 for example I think.
For example say i use this for a creep to read values: unit has <u002:asdf,realHP> hit points and the hit points are shown properly, but when showing damage for same unit unit has <u002:asdf,mindmg1> - <u002:asdf,maxdmg1> it does not display the real value of the damage.
For example the unit has 500dmg and the ability read that it has 20-27.

Any help?

Level 10
I've heard it somewhere that the Raw Data doesn't work for maxdmg and mindmg. I think, they are some data in object editor that doesn't change when you change the damage of unit. the maxdmg and mindmg raw data refer to that data, so, when you use that on tool tip, they will show the original unit maxdmg and mindmg.

Status
Not open for further replies.