• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help With Hero Equiping Weapons!! PLZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How Do you Make an Item that can be equiped(Like A Sniper)
I got the model for the sniper but how can the equip it and fire it.
PLZ HELP! :sad:

Level 7
How Do you Make an Item that can be equiped(Like A Sniper)
I got the model for the sniper but how can the equip it and fire it.
PLZ HELP! :sad:

you mean like a model attachment? or just an item that adds an ability?

if its a unit attachment go here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=402159#post402159

if its supposed to add an ability on equip then do:
  • Events
  • Unit- A unit Acquires an item
  • Conditions
  • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type itemX Equal to True
  • Actions
  • Unit - Add AbilityX to (Triggering unit)

or add the attachment to an item:
wfsfg.jpg

help1.jpg

Last edited:
Level 5
You will need the model for it and then when the unit picks up the item you trigger so that the model is changed into a new model thats exactly the same except for with the attachment now on it.

Level 2
Well didnt do wat i wanted it to do..

I want it so if i drop random custom items(weapons) when a player picks it up they can click on it and wield it. Like Undead Assualt and Night Of the the Dead.

Plz Reply

Level 4
Ok, make it so that when a unit uses the ability of the weapon, make it change what the unit is. So if u have a basic marine and he picks up a sniper when you use the sniper (click it in inventory) it changes the unit from a Marine to a Sniper, that would be one way.

For the attachment import the model and use the sphere ability then change the attachment points from sprite 1,2 and 3 to hand,left. He wont use it like an ordinary weapon but u will see it on his left hand

Level 2
Progress

Alright I got the marine to hold the Weapon useing the Shere Ability but how Can i Make it shot Like a Reagulay weapon.(When i tell it to attk something it uses it like a sword). Plz Reply:thumbs_up:

Level 12
Alright I got the marine to hold the Weapon useing the Shere Ability but how Can i Make it shot Like a Reagulay weapon.(When i tell it to attk something it uses it like a sword). Plz Reply:thumbs_up:

It's up to you how to make it work.

Either make the missile a bullet or an effect on the target. The choice is yours.

Level 2
O Really
Im gonna go Mess around With a few different types Ill reply when i get it working

Thx for all ur guys help.

Status
Not open for further replies.