• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help with DDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello!, i want to trigger my spells so they deal spell damage based on attributes, my problem is, that i dont know how to use the DDS (Bribe's one) to do that, so i kindly ask, can anyone make me an example of a spell so i can get started?

Level 13
i don't think you need DDS for that, at least if you are talking about attributes like strength, just use this action:
  • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (Real((Strength of (Triggering unit) (including bonuses)))) damage of attack type Magic and damage type Normal

Level 3
guess i wanst clear enough, i know how to trigger the damage, but i want to trigger it when it hits the target, you cant do that with spells like storm bolt without a DDS, there is no Event that allow you to be precise on when the spell lands.

Say i want to do a storm bolt that deals 5 times intelligence when the spell land on the target, how do you do that?

Level 3
mmh this seems useful, but it uses buffs to detect the spell, what about buffless spells like chain lightning?

Status
Not open for further replies.